Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What's the Best Bang for my Buck?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Feb 2005, 11:25 pm
Young Cruiser

Default What's the Best Bang for my Buck?

While I know each of one of these things will effect the car a little differently, I would like some opinions on what would bring me the most fun for my $
1. Eibach front and rear sway bars
2. Larger downpipe and free flow cat
3. The VAK system made by our fellow member

Anyone who has done any or all of these mods let me know which one you were happiest with. Thanks
Old 21 Feb 2005, 11:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gunner

While I know each of one of these things will effect the car a little differently, I would like some opinions on what would bring me the most fun for my $
1. Eibach front and rear sway bars
2. Larger downpipe and free flow cat
3. The VAK system made by our fellow member

Anyone who has done any or all of these mods let me know which one you were happiest with. Thanks
[8D] You forgot # 4. All of above. Your Welcome
Old 22 Feb 2005, 03:41 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to AZ_IceMan

Larger Downpipe and Free flow cat, then VAK system, then the eibach sway bars [8)]

PrototypePower Performance UpCharge Pipe, Custom Cold Air Intake
Mopar Blow Off Valve, Mopar Stage ? Mopar Stage 1 PCM, AGP WasteGate Actuator,
TurboXS Dual Stage Boost Controller, TruBendz 3\" DownPipe with Custom 3\" Dual Exhaust,
NGK V-Power Plugs and AGP Performance Wires,
Autometer A-Pillar Pod with Boost/Trans Temp Guages
Old 22 Feb 2005, 04:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Do you have more fun going fast in a straight line or on curves? If fast corners are your thing, go with 1. If straight line acceleration is your joy either 2 or 3 would be better choice. If you do a search you will find those that swear by all three. You might also want to add 4) Stage 1.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 22 Feb 2005, 04:54 am
Veteran Cruiser

Larger downpipe and hi flow cat aren't worth it unless you are going over 300 hp and if you do plan on upgrading the half shafts and tranny. If you do a VAK ucp I recommend getting stage 1 to go with it. You can do the VAK ucp without stage 1 but factory boost is lower and you won't notice as much difference. If you do sways then performance shocks go hand in hand.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 22 Feb 2005, 11:30 am
Young Cruiser

Now I am a little confuse. My understanding was Stage 1 required:
1) 2.5 cat back exhaust
2) high flow air intake
3) BOV valve
then add Stage 1

to reach Stage 2 levels
4) WGA
5) Boost controller

someone want to help us out?[:I]
Blk Battery Cover, Mopar Stage 2 coilover kit, BTG Strut Bar, Eibach front and rear Anti-Sway Bar Kit, BOV valve,Magnecor wires, Mopar Dual Exhaust, 235/40/18 Sumitomo HTR Z II tires w/ Konieg Sideways Wheels Chrome Fuel Door Cover and Side Door Spears Covers, Tinted Windows, Blk/Red Coco Mats,
Old 22 Feb 2005, 04:00 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by njsteve

Now I am a little confuse. My understanding was Stage 1 required:
1) 2.5 cat back exhaust
2) high flow air intake
3) BOV valve
then add Stage 1

to reach Stage 2 levels
4) WGA
5) Boost controller

someone want to help us out?[:I]
No Stage 1 does not require the first list. Stage 1 is Stage 1. Those mods just work better with Stage 1. The WGA and boost controller will only work with Stage 1 without throwing codes, and yes they can get you to Stage 2 levels and more.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 22 Feb 2005, 05:31 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks, I got it. I am still waiting for Stage 1 for 2005, so when it's available I'm good to go with the mods I have already install.
Blk Battery Cover, Mopar Stage 2 coilover kit, BTG Strut Bar, Eibach front and rear Anti-Sway Bar Kit, BOV valve,Magnecor wires, Mopar Dual Exhaust, 235/40/18 Sumitomo HTR Z II tires w/ Konieg Sideways Wheels Chrome Fuel Door Cover and Side Door Spears Covers, Tinted Windows, Blk/Red Coco Mats,
Old 22 Feb 2005, 11:54 pm
Young Cruiser

Well, I guess I should have put what I have done so far. 2003 GT with Stage I, Magnecor plug wires, Eibach lowering springs, Tokico shocks, Borla cat back exhaust and an Airaid intake. Let me know if this changes anyone's order. All I have is enough money for one upgrade right now. Hopefully by summer I can afford another one!!!![8)]
Old 23 Feb 2005, 12:05 pm
Young Cruiser

Of what I have read the Eibach Anti-sway bar kit should be next. I have a set sitting in the garage waiting for the rear hardware kit to be availible. hopefully next week. I was going to put the Eibach springs / struts on with the stray bars but found out that the springs for the convertible are still not ready. So i'll put the bars on first.