Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
30,000 to Maintenance To Do ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Mar 2005, 06:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 30,000 to Maintenance To Do ?

I am reaching the 30,000 milestone with my Turbo and was curious what if any maintenance the group thinks is well served (other than the items specified in the Chrysler maintenance manual-which by the way expressly provides it is not applicable to the Turbo model). Thanks. Otto.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 06:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Car has a Stage I upgrade by the way. Thanks again. Otto.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 06:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

My 2003 Manual for my GT, page 275 is "Schedule A - 2.4L Turbo Charged Engine". It shows for 30,000 miles or 24 months to change the engine oil and filter, engine air cleaner filter, spark plugs, inspect the tie rod ends and boot seals, replace the PCV air filter and adjust the generator drive belt tension.

I change the oil and filter every 3000 miles and I have already had the brake pads replaced. I have the automatic transmission so I have also had the transmission fluid changed since the automatic transmission can be a weak spot for Chrysler.

Changing out the spark plug wires with after market (better) wires is a good idea at 30,000 miles also.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 07:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Just follow the owners manual
Old 14 Mar 2005, 08:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

This has been discussed, but most people's driving is Schedule B.
If you are just using it as disposible transportation, don't do anything. If you are just concerned with keeping the warranty, do the bare minimum. [:I] If you want peace of mind and a bit better resale, do a bit more. If you are a fanatic about the car and/or maintenance, change the fluids frequently, upgrade when possible and keep it clean!
If you've got ABS, have the brake fluid flushed (including the stuff in the unit), and do the full trans flush too. I'd also check/service the battery and ground connections, rotate the tires, and really look over the mechanical components.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 14 Mar 2005, 08:48 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

New performance wires and new spark plugs would certainly be appropriate.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 04:01 am
Cool Cruiser

What kind of plugs and wires are you guys recommending for us Stage 1 guys?

Borla Duals, unecessary Airad CAI Thing, 18\" Boyd\'s Smoothies, and she\'s dropped an inch or two.

www.amazingarthur.com
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/559523/1
Old 15 Mar 2005, 08:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

About time for brakes (if you haven't already) - go with ceramic pads - NO DUST!
Plugs and wires - Crane or Magnecore wires - for turbo, just copper plugs 0.040.
IF an auto, wise to get fluid flushed (not just drained). I went with ATF+5, which is synthetic version of ATF+4.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Mar 2005, 02:10 am
Senior Cruiser

at 36,000 miles I have installed MOPAR plug wires and NGK Iridium plugs and now have a silky smooth idle, more top end power, and a smidge more MPG. Changed Tranny fluid and filter and replaced with ATF+4 fluid right from the stealer. Of course I use Mobil 1 and change ever 3,000 miles. Rotate tires every other oil change.

I will replace shocks (upgrade with Tokico), brake rotors (drilled and slotted), pads, and flush brake fluid at 40,000 miles. Looking for new tires as originals look nearly shot now. I have bought, but not installed, a rear anti sway bar and am looking for a strut tower brace to go along with the rear sway bar.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.