PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
G-tech pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2005, 10:36 pm
Young Cruiser

Default G-tech pro

I have tested it,
have an 03, Auto, S0, Says 16.38 @ 89.1 twice. This is with the computer not having been unplugged, so its used to city driving.

I also had the summer tires on there.

I have verified with 3 other cars(my friends) that the G-tech appears to be a full 1 second slower than C&D, etc. So, I would say that I am driving almost ok. Could it be that I am a better driver than him (not likely, he is a huge car nut), or that my GT has been upgraded? It feels faster than the 03 GT Manual. I will be G-teching that later.

If the car does have a stage 1, what serial numbers or whatever should I look for? I know to look for the injectors, but I can't really see those.

Quote:
Car and Driver has road-tested one of the new PT Cruiser GT. Despite an automatic transmission, the GT goes from zero to sixty in only 7.2 seconds, with a 15.7 second quarter mile. The turbo drops about three and a half seconds from the sixty-mph sprint. The manual transmission should provide even more go. As it is, the GT now beats the Chrysler 300M. The article notes that the system is unusually well designed with attention paid to cooling (for durability) and fast warm-up (for environmental gains and also better power). The suspension has been well tuned for the turbo's smooth, "linear" power, so torque steer is minimal, and there seems to be no turbo lag or noise.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 07:44 am
Cool Cruiser

You should be running mid to high 14's if it had stage 1. Stock GT's run mid 15's.

Also, the auto vs. manual will run about the same ET in the Qtr. mile but the manual will usually MPH higher.

Deen
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 03:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Great review no wonder I love my GT!![8)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 26 Apr 2005, 03:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Did you make sure you set up your G-tech the same as your buds? I think you need to set up weight and other data. If you have to what were your set ups. I have an old/new one and want to know if I used the right numbers.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gamman

I have tested it,
have an 03, Auto, S0, Says 16.38 @ 89.1 twice. This is with the computer not having been unplugged, so its used to city driving.

I also had the summer tires on there.

I have verified with 3 other cars(my friends) that the G-tech appears to be a full 1 second slower than C&D, etc. So, I would say that I am driving almost ok. Could it be that I am a better driver than him (not likely, he is a huge car nut), or that my GT has been upgraded? It feels faster than the 03 GT Manual. I will be G-teching that later.

If the car does have a stage 1, what serial numbers or whatever should I look for? I know to look for the injectors, but I can't really see those.

Quote:
Car and Driver has road-tested one of the new PT Cruiser GT. Despite an automatic transmission, the GT goes from zero to sixty in only 7.2 seconds, with a 15.7 second quarter mile. The turbo drops about three and a half seconds from the sixty-mph sprint. The manual transmission should provide even more go. As it is, the GT now beats the Chrysler 300M. The article notes that the system is unusually well designed with attention paid to cooling (for durability) and fast warm-up (for environmental gains and also better power). The suspension has been well tuned for the turbo's smooth, "linear" power, so torque steer is minimal, and there seems to be no turbo lag or noise.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 02 May 2005, 10:16 pm
Young Cruiser

I just have a G-tech pro. I highly doubt is was set up the same. I was driving on sandy roads (it snowed last week here). I should also correct the above, I meant to say winter tires. They are an all season variation, but they are nice and soft, so maybe they are like a slick? I don't know.
http://www.gtechpro.com/prod.html

I have the 1994 version!

I still haven't g-teched the manual! I am too lazy.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:24 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

The G-Tech is almost always dead one with maybe just a slight difference with actual dyno numbers, but the weight has to be dead on as well! You would need to actually weight the car before using it, to get the true weight, with you in it and anything else, to get the best results.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 06 Jul 2005, 02:02 pm
Young Cruiser

I just did 7 back to back runs. It wasn't as fully loaded as last time (I had the 17's in the trunk last time! D-uh).

It was a nice day, 24'C (around 70-75F)
1 7.45 91.1 15.94
2 7.50 87.6 16.16 ease off
3 7.52 90.0 15.99
4 7.43 91.4 15.84
5 7.80 88.3 16.07
6 7.97 89.5 16.24 Corner
7 7.49 90.3 15.89
Median 7.50 90.00 15.99

I don't think there is anything done to the car(it says flowmaster on the throttle body), except Khomo MX's (super ultra summer tire), 245-45-17's.

G-tech appears pretty close to perfect. I have 98,000km on car (about 58,000miles).

It is the old Gtech that only blinks numbers like a radar detector.

I will test the manual when I get the winter tires off. I swear, I'll do it this weekend.