Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Will the Short Throws work on the GT's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2003, 11:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Will the Short Throws work on the GT's

Has anyone tried a short throw shifter such as the Hurst Quick Shift on a GT? I can only find ones designed for the non-turbos that do not have the Getrag, which has reverse on the left. Flashback said he tried a B&M for a non-turbo and it worked fine, but I would like to swap the bushings out too. I dont know that much about it, should the different tranny & shift pattern keep the Hurst short throws for non-turbos from working?

03 Turbo Inferno.

Dave
Old 26 Apr 2003, 10:21 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Only thing I know about the bushings is that the ones on the tranny I would assume to be different . Let us know who's bushings work ,please both on tranny and under console !

'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, bassani axle back single exhaust,addco oversize front,rear sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides,mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,hallman boost controller,ghetto intake
Old 27 Apr 2003, 06:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Not asked but here is an answer. I bought a "short throw" lever that attached to the tranny and shortens the pivot point there as the maker assured me it would work on the GT. It doesn't so if someone suggests buying one, don't waste you $50.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Do you remember what brand/model did not work for you Cal Cruzer?
Old 28 Apr 2003, 02:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

This is the lever that attaches to the shaft that comes out of the trans, not the shift lever in the car. It is sold by Modern Performance in Houston. I just spoke to them and they are taking it back. I don't think they were aware that the turbo had a different trans.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 03 Jun 2003, 11:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Does anyone have a detailed pic of the tranny end of the shifter cables? I'd like to either verify that my shifter bushings work on the turbo version OR figure out what needs to be done to get some to work.
JeffB#2
\'95 Ply Neon ACR sedan Nitro Yellow-green
14.11 @ 98 all motor SOHC
http://www.scecnet.net/~neonneon/buyparts.html
Old 04 Jun 2003, 08:43 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Jeff it's pretty difficult to get a pic . Even with the airbox removed as in my setup you'd have to pull the pdc and get it out of the way in order to get a detailed pic. I was gonna try to get you apic but it may take some time.
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 04 Jun 2003, 09:57 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Jeff here's the best I can do ! Hopefully it'll help.
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 04 Jun 2003, 06:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Flash. You better hit that rascal up with some soap and water[8]...
Yuk[:0]
j/k
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 04 Jun 2003, 07:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

It'll all be "simple- greened " right before CFIII . No use getting it clean before then the way it's been raining here! I'd just be doing it all over again,lol!