Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo Maintenence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 May 2005, 11:17 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Turbo Maintenence

This is probobly the dumpest question ever but do we need to do anything to our turbo's to get maxinum life out of them?
Old 23 May 2005, 08:45 am
Cool Cruiser

Change your oil as recommended and allow at least 1-3 minutes of cool down time (depending on how hard your've just run it) with the engine idling before you shut the car off. You can install a Turbo Timer to do the last part for you.

Deen
GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 23 May 2005, 08:59 am
Obsessed Cruiser

It is MY OPINION (and many other's) that synthetic oil is of great benefit, particularly for turbos.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 May 2005, 05:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Chrysler has always cooled turbochargers the correct way...using both oil and coolant. I had 2 of the mid 80's Stage 1 2.2 Turbos. One is still going in a 86 New Yorker. The old ones were made by Garret who makes them for light aircraft. Both cars had functional louveres in the hood to vent the heat. Man, did they ever smoke in the winter or after driving through a puddle. I got some strange looks sitting at a stoplight. I hope this Mitsu holds up as good as the old ones. Free power using exhaust gas.....what a concept....
Old 23 May 2005, 11:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Gary8

I bought a Turbo Timer. It lets the engine run after you turn off the key for a designated time.
Old 23 May 2005, 11:34 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

It is MY OPINION (and many other's) that synthetic oil is of great benefit, particularly for turbos.
Right on! This is a "must do" IMHO. [8]