Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Stock DV??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2003, 09:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Stock DV??

i was just outside holding my BOV in my hand...confused as hell[:I]. Where the hell is our diverter valve that recirculates back into the intake tract???? To install my BOV i need to know where the hell it is so i can remove it. I know it has to be before the throttle body, but is it one the pipe leading to the turbo inlet or is it the pipe running from the IC to the throttle body. I would think it's somewhere on the turbo inlet pipe b/c i can hear it when i let off the throttle...Any one know??
Old 27 Apr 2003, 01:27 am
Young Cruiser

COPTZER,

The stock BOV is located on the compressor housing. Here is a pic of the turbo (on a SRT-4 Intake,) with an Arrow pointing to it.

Im putting my HKS BOV on tomarrow , I've decided to put it on after the IC before the throttle body. See pic below. After doing alot of research on this topic, Ive found that it definatly wont hurt to run both BOV's. So I just need to run another vacumn line to the HKS BOV.
I will let you know how things turn out tomarrow.

ATPturbo.com sells a kit for the SRT-4 that includes a Upgraded Pressure Pipe and BOV Flange, Unfortunatly it does not fit the GT. It would be nice if someone made a similar pipe for the GT as well. With their kit, they put a check valve on the existing stock BOV, they have a great install PDF located here,it includes instructions for bypassing the stock BOV...
http://atpturbo.com/support/SRTUPPINSTALL.pdf

Hope this helps you out,

Matt