PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Got My HKS BOV installed today! Pssssssshhh!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Apr 2003, 01:36 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Got My HKS BOV installed today! Pssssssshhh!

Installed it this morning, only took about 2 hours total. It fits really nice installed after the intercooler before the trottle body. Just enough room. And man is it ever loud! It sounds so cool, the way every turbo engine should sound. Pics Below

I'm gonna try to get some sound clips posted soon too.

Matt
Old 27 Apr 2003, 02:23 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey Matt good job! That's one thing more I need to do but probably not till June. Could you e-mail what Hector charged for just the BOV? Thanks Jeff
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 27 Apr 2003, 08:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

that maounting point looks a lot better than under the car...good job. Did you use a universal weld on adapter or what??? i need some details
Old 27 Apr 2003, 09:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

I put a kit together that includes everyrhing you need to install it for $300. Includs BOV, mounting pipe with intergrated flange, clamps and hose.

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 27 Apr 2003, 10:13 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Thanks for the info Hector. I know I'm gonna need it just gotta sell my chrome 16" wheels/tires from my '01 .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 27 Apr 2003, 11:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

If you install it under the car, the dealer might not notice it. Reality of the fact is that they should encourage you to install one. It prolongs the life of the turbo, just as the turbo timer does. The turbo timer and BOV are not HP adders, they just prolong the life of teh turbo and the BOV greatly enhances throttle response after a shift.

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 05:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Yeah, if he goes in with a bad brake caliper it will be blamed on the BOV on there.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 29 Apr 2003, 06:15 pm
Young Cruiser

Not worried about the warranty at all really. If something major were to happen, the first thing I would do is order a new stock IC hose and change it back to stock. No biggie.

Im getting really sick of posts that turn into "what about my warranty?", Then dont do any modifications if your so worried about it...

Matt

Old 29 Apr 2003, 07:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I guess I'm touchy,touchy ,too! 1)Nobody says anyone "has " to do any mod that is posted here . 2)Most engine mods have the potential to void your warranty . If you're satisfied the way the car runs then ,don't screw with it ! 3)When someone posts a mod ,don't you think they have thought about how it affects their warranty ...I certainly do . I for one love my PT ,but think DC has short-changed us on the performance side and I understand that I have the potential for voiding my warranty. But when you have a turbo and it barely holds 10psi boost in stock trim and takes forever to recover after a shift. I'll spend $50.00 to get a more responsive engine any day . If you've been reading all these posts then you understand that after installing boost control the next step is to install an aftermarket bov! Why 'cuz the DC setup is an accident waiting to happen..read exhaust depot's post about what the stock bov has the potential to do to your turbo over the long haul . I'll step off the soapbox ,now !
Old 02 May 2003, 03:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Very nice...bet it sounds awesome

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!