Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Performance

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
B&M Shifter, 5 speed stick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Apr 2003, 04:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default B&M Shifter, 5 speed stick

Hey flasbk2, Is your B&M Shifter still working good? You said it used to be in a non turbo, right? I guess I dont have to have whole kit (bushings and all), the 30% shorter throw should help alot by itself. DONT LAUGH, but I am only 5'-8", I even thought about lowering my seat a couple of inches to get a more direct line up with the shifter. I adbandoned that thought though, looks like a little too much work to do it right. [8)]
Old 27 Apr 2003, 06:33 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Yes Dave it's fine ! Even had B&M contact me about it before going on vacation. @ 5'8" you're an inch taller than me so don't feel bad ,lol! There weren't aware that shift pattern was different for turbo and I emailed them that I was using their shifter already on GT and sent them pics of shift pattern.
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 28 Apr 2003, 08:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks flashbk2, I appreciate your help. I hate to beat a dead horse but it's better to find out now than after I the UPS Guy arrives. Sounds like Cal Cruzer ran in to a problem with one. He entered a reply on the post "Will the short throws work". Hopefully he will respond on what brand it was.[:0]
Old 28 Apr 2003, 10:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Dave reread Cal cruiser's post we're talking apples/oranges here. Cal is talking about the actuator lever that's on the transmission ,which is on the other side of the firewall from the shifter. There are 2 ways to "shorten the throw" . There was a lever similar to what Cal cruiser bought that worked on the stock 5 -speed that shortened throw . Many neon owners perfromed this mod but it's not for the getrag tranny.
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 28 Apr 2003, 06:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Yeah, Cal was nice enough to post again and spelled it out for me,I understand what he means now. I feel that my PT shifts good, but not as nice as some (ouch) imports I have drove. A short throw is definately in the near future. My GT feels like its running better all the time. It's got 1500 miles on it now and I changed the oil this weekend. It now sports some M3 mirrors, when I get a chance I will post pics of them. That way others can see if its a look they like before they buy em.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 01:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Dave,if you really want to increase the fun factor of your GT, put on some new lowering springs. I wrestled with this for a while but then found a deal on some H&R's. It stiffens up the suspension a little and really makes it corner a lot better. I am not talking about 9/10ths driving, just everyday cornering and lane changing is more positive instead of wallowing like before.

Just my $.02
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come