PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

BTG Sway Bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2005, 05:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Default BTG Sway Bar

Decided to go with the BTG rear sway bar since it was black to match the stock front sway and it seems people are having problems with the eibach bolts. Has anyone else went with the BTG and what did you think. I'm still waiting for the install brackets, so I'll let you know what I think of it when it's on.
Old 11 Aug 2005, 11:17 am
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by strangelove

I'm still waiting for the install brackets,
Are they BTG manufactured brackets? Or Chrysler OEM?
Dream Cruiser II #624
Staged . . Sprung . . Swayed . . Shifted . . Shaved . . . Shiny
Old 11 Aug 2005, 06:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well this is kind of weird, but I was sent an Eibach Install kit along with the BTG rear sway bar which looks like the OEM factory sway bar. Here's the link to where I bought it. Tell me what you think.

http://www.pt-tuning.com/performanceParts/swayBars.html
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 23 Aug 2005, 02:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser

If they use the Eibach install kit, are they having any breakage problems. Maybe not if they guarantee them for life.
14.3@96.3
Old 23 Aug 2005, 04:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

Dosent energy supension make a swaybar kit that you can use if you dont have a stock sway bar ????

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 26 Aug 2005, 04:47 am
Senior Cruiser

I dont think so. [:I] The only two choices I know of is the OEM kit and the Eibach kit. Both priced about the same with the MOPAR kit bullet proof and the Eibach kit guranteed forever and a little easier to install. [8)]
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 06:33 am
Cool Cruiser

So the install went well and the eibach install kit fit fine. The PT corners well now and sticks turns, took a 20mph long turn at 40mph and the car felt good. The real test was a road trip through Oregon's coastal forests with four passengers and my dog in the back and a roof top cargo carrier hauling 120 lbs of gear. Went through three mountian ranges without skipping a beat. The sway bar was able to minimize G's in these curvy single mountian roads. No creaks no noises while driving, had a crecking sound going into my driveway, but I tightened the bolts to the sway bar and have heard nothing since. so my opinion is I like them a lot in performance does what it's designed to do, tightens up the drive , it matches the front sway bar and is cheaper than the OEM factory rear sway, also matched up with the front BTG strut tower bar, I think this balances the car nicely from not creating to much over or understeer.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 02:34 am
Senior Cruiser

I agree 100% with your analysis. I have Tokico shocks and struts, a strut tower bar up front, and a big 19mm rear sway bar with the Eibach install kit on my 03 GT. Oh yes, I have Yokohama all season Avid uni direction tires size 215X50X17 on stock GT rims. I am very happy with the handling and ride. Oversteer has never been an issue and turn in is so much quicker and precise than stock. Leaning is well controlled and the ride is actually much more comfy than stock. Only downside I have is that the Eibach bushing tend to squeek when cold and needs a good shot of silicone spray every month or so to quiet them down.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 03:36 am
Cool Cruiser

so stealblue what type of rear sway bar did you get? I'll have to remember the silicon spay, got the creak back going into my driveway. I don't want to overtighten the bolts too much, don't want those eibach bolts breaking.
Old 17 Sep 2005, 02:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

I got the 19mm from Suspension Techniques and got it for $138 delivered. I went throuch Mach One Car Accessories. http://www.mach1car.com/Product.aspx?nav=4&p=ST51006
The bar is like battle ship gray with poly bushings. Looks kinda industrial but at 7/8" was right size at the right price. Poly busings stood out think they were either red or blue. As I said got the install kit through Shox.com and it was an Eibach install kit and yes mine squeeks too. I dont think those bushings have much give to them!!