PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Eibach Rear Sway Bar Install Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jul 2006, 02:13 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Eibach Rear Sway Bar Install Kit

Broke the bottom linkage on the drivers side and the inside was hallow and rusty looking. Took it directly to Eibach and they said the hallow ones are all bad and have been replaced by solid ones. They told me to replace both sides not just the one that broke. Of course the parts were free since they were defective. I boght mine on April 5, 2005 and I am not sure when they stoped using the defective links. Thought someone might want to know!!
Old 14 Jul 2006, 07:19 am
Cool Cruiser

I had a bolt break on me too. I have yet to contact Eibach for a replacement, but it's good to know that they are taking responsibility for a parts malfunction and replacing them free of charge. Makes you wonder if thats why DC opted to go with the Watts linkage, maybe they saw a potential for this same problem with the PT GT rear sway bar.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 14 Jul 2006, 09:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

On another PT Forum there are many posts of grief with the Eibach sway bar mounting kit - I have not seen any posts of problems with the Mopar mounting kit, and that's what I used when I added a rear sway bar.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 15 Jul 2006, 01:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Don, once again you did the right thing in hindsight! I have also never herd of a DC linkage going bad either. Eibach was great on the return and with very little input from me they replaced the whole kit including bushings and all washers and bolts. I now have a completely new hardware kit and I am very happy. I picked my parts up but for those that live far away, they will ship at no cost to the customer.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.