PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NEW ROTORS & CERAMIC PADS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Oct 2006, 04:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default NEW ROTORS & CERAMIC PADS

Pepboys had rotors for the turbo @ $19.50 each. I was hoping that they would have the high performance drilled, but they didn't have them for the turbo. The rotors have to be harder than the OEM's, and they look good. I installed the Pro Stop Ceramic pads which were more expensive than the rotors @ $53.90. I went with the semi-metallic pads for the rear. I was surprised that neither the OEM pads or the new ones had wear indicator tabs! With the new Kumho Ecsta ASX 205/50R-17 tires (from Discount Tire @ $110.00 ea) the performance is much better than the OEM Eagles. They have better grip accellerating,cornering and are smoother @ 85+ MPH.
Old 04 Oct 2006, 04:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

prices dont seem bad
Old 04 Oct 2006, 04:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Congrats, I have the ASX's in an 18 inch size and love them. As for your pads. I've worked with Hawk HPS and Akebono Ceramic pads for my PT's, and they both have wear indicators on the back pads.....
Old 10 Oct 2006, 10:32 am
Obsessed Cruiser

What makes you say the Pep Boys rotors have to be harder than stock? I got my rotors at NAPA and they had more than one price - I got the more expensive, for better steel used.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Oct 2006, 01:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"You get what you pay for is the motto I have gone by. Buy cheap, get cheap.[xx(]
Old 10 Oct 2006, 09:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Funny how hostile people get in this good ole boy forum. I simply mention that I found a good price on rotors, and as the OEM's are like butter these couldn't be any worse!If you want to pay $200.00 ea fine I could give a poo-poo! The PT is not a race car, and that's the bottom line. I wonder why more people don't post here anymore.
Old 11 Oct 2006, 11:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

hey, if you're happy with your $19.00 PepBoys rotors, and your ceramic pads that don't have wear indicators, then bully for you. But, if you're gonna post about it on the internet, EXPECT FEEDBACK. Sorry, if it wasn't what you wanted. Here: Wow! Great mod, and I bet your PT looks even better than evar! Happy now. Hell, I didn't even mention your cheap ass brake choices in my original post, just congratulatiing you on a decent choice of tires. I know the PT isn't a race car, but I'm not trusting my life to the cheapest garbage that Rice Boys has behind the counter. If you're comortable doing that, more power to ya! And no one posts here anymore, because this forum sucks. The only thing it's good for is getting your ego stroked over any little tacky piece of chrome plated plastic you double stick tape to an otherwise nice looking PT! GRRRRRR.........[xx(]
Old 11 Oct 2006, 12:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by black_gt_boosty_hh1321

hey, if you're happy with your $19.00 PepBoys rotors, and your ceramic pads that don't have wear indicators, then bully for you. But, if you're gonna post about it on the internet, EXPECT FEEDBACK. Sorry, if it wasn't what you wanted. Here: Wow! Great mod, and I bet your PT looks even better than evar! Happy now. Hell, I didn't even mention your cheap ass brake choices in my original post, just congratulatiing you on a decent choice of tires. I know the PT isn't a race car, but I'm not trusting my life to the cheapest garbage that Rice Boys has behind the counter. If you're comortable doing that, more power to ya! And no one posts here anymore, because this forum sucks. The only thing it's good for is getting your ego stroked over any little tacky piece of chrome plated plastic you double stick tape to an otherwise nice looking PT! GRRRRRR.........[xx(]
Dude.. I think you need a Chill Pill. If you don't like it here.. Then stay away.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 11 Oct 2006, 06:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[8)]12 Bucks per rotor....Not me...My life is work more than 24 Bucks...You get what you pay for.... []
Old 13 Oct 2006, 10:50 am
Cool Cruiser

The prices I listed were sale prices. The rotors were reg $39.95 each and the ceramic pads were reg $85.00 (with wear indicators)per axel. I don't feel so bad about getting a good deal! I also don't have to worry about cracks as with drilled and slotted rotors or premature wear of the pads.The rotors and pads wear and need to be replaced no matter how much you paid for them,and for normal street driving drilled and slotted rotors are not needed, but they look nice.