PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

All Weather Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2007, 04:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default All Weather Tires

I live in New England where there is quite a bit of snow. I purchased an 05 PTGT Convertible and have the original Goodyear Eagle RS-As on it. I am thinking of purchasing better all weathers for this winter. I was told that the Nokian WR is the only four-season tires that carry the Severe Service Emblem and you can expect to get roughly 50,000 miles out of the tire. Has anyone used these tires? I have the 205-50-17 chrome, 5 point rims. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 30 Sep 2007, 08:02 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: All Weather Tires

I haven't tried them but I ditched the stock tires for Michelin Pilots and LOVE them in all conditions. I went to tirerack.com and it was by far the best deal. Do you have a lim slip diff? Some people think that it might add better inclement weather driving since it driving both front wheels. I dont have it but i'm saving for it. Really good pricing at haynes speed shop -

HaynesSpeed Shop
Old 01 Oct 2007, 08:40 am
Obsessed Cruiser

If you're looking at Tire Rack anyway, consider Avon -
here's a write-up on another forum form a member who loves them:
PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Oct 2007, 03:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastcruiser View Post
I haven't tried them but I ditched the stock tires for Michelin Pilots and LOVE them in all conditions. I went to tirerack.com and it was by far the best deal. Do you have a lim slip diff? Some people think that it might add better inclement weather driving since it driving both front wheels. I dont have it but i'm saving for it. Really good pricing at haynes speed shop -

HaynesSpeed Shop
Quicksilverdon, I have the limited slip diff but havn't had a need to use it yet. I am sure that it will be an asset in the snow. I am a bit concerned about my eagles that are original stock.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 03:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastcruiser View Post

HaynesSpeed Shop
I have to say, I am hoping someone has tried the Nokians. They sound like a decent tire. I will check out the Michlins and Avons.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 04:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Mikmad,

How much was the installation on the lim slip? I'm thinking its about $1400 from Haynes for the part, $100 shipping and $500-$600 for installation. That sound right?

Do you notice alot of difference with the LSD on dry acceleration?

Since installing the S1 trying to launch in 1st and then in 2nd is ridiculous.