PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
SRT-4 Wheels on the GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Apr 2004, 09:22 pm
Young Cruiser

Default SRT-4 Wheels on the GT

I've heard different opinions as to whether or not the SRT-4 wheels would fit on the GT... a lot of opinions based solely on the given wheel offsets.

I had the chance to test fit the SRT-4 wheels today. To my own disbelief, they fit perfectly, with just about the same amount of clearence between the wheel and the front caliper as with the stock wheels.

The SRT-4 wheel is stamped to have a 45mm offset, and the GT wheel a 39mm offset. However, if the offset were really 6mm inborn on the SRT-4 wheel, there is no way that it would fit, in theory.

Both sets of wheels, fit almost exactly the same on both cars, with what looks to be equal distance between the wheel spoke and the caliper...

Since the geometry of the two components are the same, the only thing that I could think of is that the GT wheels just have a different curvature or spoke thickness than the the SRT-4 wheels, necessitating a smaller offset to move the wheels further outward.

I also had the chance to mount the 16" OEM PT Cruiser "Mopar 5-spoke Accessory Wheels", which also fit perfectly, with the same caliper clearance on the PT as on the SRT-4.

From my experience both of these wheels fit, if anyone is interested in picking up a set.
Old 10 Apr 2004, 09:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

to my knowledge there shouldn't have been any doubt about them fitting in the first place [:I]
Old 10 Apr 2004, 09:50 pm
Young Cruiser

Going by the numbers of 45mm (SRT) and 39mm (GT) and considering the minimal front caliper clearence on the GT already, it would seem that increasing the offset by 6mm would probably cause caliper spoke interference...

Best ET : 14.1 @ 98 MPH [Automatic]

Mopar Stage 1, Mopar 2.5\" Exhaust, Mopar BOV, Mopar/KW Variant 3 Coilovers, Eibach Sway Bars, 225/45/17 Goodyear GSD3 Tires, MPSC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, PTeazer Rollpan, \'06 Taillights, Mopar Navigation and Subwoofer</font id=\"navy\">

<font color=\"red\"> <b>2005 Crossfire SRT-6 </b>

Best ET : 13.4 @ 108 MPH
</font id=\"red\">
Old 13 Apr 2004, 06:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Good info to know BBGT. Thanks
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer