PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Eibach Front/Rear Sway Bars & BTG Tower Brace

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Oct 2004, 01:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie
Default Eibach Front/Rear Sway Bars & BTG Tower Brace

I'm thinking of purchasing Eibach Front/Rear Sway Bars & BTG Shock Tower Brace. I was wondering if both would provide enough improvement on handling. I've read several threads that the sway bars make a big difference already. I purposely take some corners fast and sharp and I'm concerned about the body lean. I've also street raced a few times and got scared when I almost lost it trying to avoid another vehicle (stupid driver). I prefer not to lower my vehicle. Does anyone have both with factory shocks? Feedback?
Old 02 Oct 2004, 03:39 pm
Senior Cruiser

I don't have factory shocks (GoldLine springs, Tokico shocks/struts) but I do have the BTG Strut Tower Brace installed and the Eibach antisway bars are sitting in my garage awaiting the rear installation kit (supposed to have shipped in the last couple of days, but I've been waiting for two months now). Anyway.....

The strut brace did seem to help tighten up the front end a bit and reduce some torque steer. I've spoken with a couple of guys who have put the Eibach antisways on and they say the difference in handling is pretty major. I can't wait to get mine on, whenever that ends up being!
Old 02 Oct 2004, 03:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Springs made the biggest difference in overall handling. The lower stance in conjusction with the higher spring rate really cured the wallow of the PT suspension in higher G situations. I added a factory sway after the springs and it helped some too, but springs were overall the best mod. I have stock shocks and they are okay, but I will eventually swap them out too. Not enough rebound control in the rears.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 02 Oct 2004, 05:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

I don't have factory shocks (GoldLine springs, Tokico shocks/struts) but I do have the BTG Strut Tower Brace installed and the Eibach antisway bars are sitting in my garage awaiting the rear installation kit (supposed to have shipped in the last couple of days, but I've been waiting for two months now). Anyway.....

The strut brace did seem to help tighten up the front end a bit and reduce some torque steer. I've spoken with a couple of guys who have put the Eibach antisways on and they say the difference in handling is pretty major. I can't wait to get mine on, whenever that ends up being!
Dood! Cant wait to hear if there is a difference, since we have almost the same mods. I was considering the sways but didnt know how much of a difference they would make. And by difference I mean sway bar difference

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 02 Oct 2004, 06:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:sakigt Posted - 10/02/2004 : 4:30:47 PM

Dood! Cant wait to hear if there is a difference, since we have almost the same mods. I was considering the sways but didnt know how much of a difference they would make. And by difference I mean sway bar difference
If the stinkin' rear install kit ever shows up I'll let you know how it goes. I spoke with Nozzano22 on the phone after he installed them on his car and he equated the handling improvement with the power improvement offered by Stage 1. Keep in mind he and I both added Stage 1 to Turbo Lite cars, so the improvement was a real eye opener! I'll keep you posted.
Old 02 Oct 2004, 08:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

Quote:

**edit...STRUT bar difference..not sway**

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 02 Oct 2004, 09:39 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CJJ

I have the BTG strut brace and Suspension Techniques sway bars. I installed the strut brace a couple of weeks before the sway bars and if there was any improvement I didn't notice it. However, the sway bars were a major improvment. The car can be cornered more agressively and has much less body roll. I was really impressed. Lowering also is a big improvement but if you don't want to leave bits of your body panels on the street every time you go up a driveway, sway bars are the way to go.
Old 02 Oct 2004, 09:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Laur,
I have the Eibach sways, springs, BTG bar and Koni's and the thing rides on rails.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

Quote:

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 02 Oct 2004, 10:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have the Eibach anti-sway bar kit along with the BTG strut tower brace and think the combo is fantastic. You'll think you're a race car driver when you dive into the corners at eye blurring speed. The combo is even better with the KW coilover kit!
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 03 Oct 2004, 02:19 am
Veteran Cruiser

"I've also street raced a few times and got scared when I almost lost it trying to avoid another vehicle (stupid driver)."

Let me get this straight. You are street racing and almost lost it trying to avoid another vehicle who wasn't and the other driver is the stupid one? You're lucky you only pissed your pants and didn't eat metal.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic