PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
i installed my mopar stage II coil over shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2004, 07:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift
Default i installed my mopar stage II coil over shocks

i have had eibach lowering springs on my car for 7000 miles and i loved them, but it was only because i didn't know what i was missing. these mopar coil overs are fantastic , before when i hit a bump i would bottom out and hear strange noises like the tire rubbing or something coming in contact with the fender well. now i don't have any of those problems and the car feels like it is on rails. i think the ride quality is much better the stock and with the eibachs.

don't get me wrong i still like the eibachs but i don't recommend installing them like i did with out changing the shocks to shorter ones. when i removed my stock shocks the right rear one was leaking all over the place.

all and all i can't say enough about how much i like these mopar staeg II coil over shocks.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 07:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

I use the H&R coilovers (because Mopar Stage 2 CO's weren't available at the time), and find the ride is quite stiff. Are the Mopar C/O's stiffer than the stock ride of a GT?
Old 12 Oct 2004, 08:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT_Boy

I use the H&R coilovers (because Mopar Stage 2 CO's weren't available at the time), and find the ride is quite stiff. Are the Mopar C/O's stiffer than the stock ride of a GT?
i have been used to the eibachs for 7000 miles so i don't really remember the stock ride but the mopar co's feel much better than my old eibachs. i know i didn't really answer your question but i hope this helps you .

thanks tommy
Old 13 Oct 2004, 04:15 pm
Senior Cruiser

How much to install? How much cost?

Did you do them yourself?

Mines an N/A but it could always use some help. Just asking to find out for future income if found.
Old 13 Oct 2004, 07:23 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KingKole02

How much to install? How much cost?

Did you do them yourself?

Mines an N/A but it could always use some help. Just asking to find out for future income if found.
i sell the stage ii kit for 1150.00 and one of my tech's did the install for me. if my shop had to do the install it would cost 3.5 or 4.0 hrs plus an alighnment

thanks tommy
Old 13 Oct 2004, 11:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have the KW Variant 1 coilover kit which is very similar to the Mopar Stage 2 kit. My ride is quite rough but I use 19" 35 series tires. I'll soon know how it rides when I put my stock wheels back on this "Michigan" winter.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 15 Oct 2004, 01:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

Hey tthrift Did you leave the eibach lowering springs on with the stage 2's how much did you lower your pt.

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 15 Oct 2004, 04:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hey, Purp. part of your rough ride is coming from the 35 series tires. No side wall to flex and you will get a much harsher (if harsher is a word) ride.

Mike
Old 15 Oct 2004, 10:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike Radowski

Hey, Purp. part of your rough ride is coming from the 35 series tires. No side wall to flex and you will get a much harsher (if harsher is a word) ride.

Mike
Thanks for the reminder on the harsh ride. I wanted to use 19's so I was forced to go with at least a 35 series profile. However, I also wanted to minimize sidewall flex for the best cornering and corner it does.
[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 16 Oct 2004, 01:41 pm
Cool Cruiser

I was begining to think that H&R coilovers gave a harsh ride, at least I know others are in the same boat as me. []