Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Tent Topped Camping Trailers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2008, 07:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Tent Topped Camping Trailers

Hi, my name is Scott Chaney, I have a small company called Compact Camping Concepts. Our focus is Tent Topped Camping Trailers® solutions tailored to smaller, fuel-efficient vehicles. We’ve just released a new trailer called on “Explorer Box” that folks who enjoy camping or touring with their PT Cruisers should find interesting.

For DIYer’s that enjoy the pleasure and satisfaction of building something with their own two hands, there is a detailed construction manual available. Using plywood, waterproof glue, a few screws and a no-welding required bolt-together frame kit; it’s easy to create a durable, attractive, lightweight camping trailer. Don’t worry if a DIY project isn’t your thing, we’ll be happy to build a ready-to-roll one for you.

An Explorer Box is the perfect blend of compact size and room for all your camping essentials. Its design is inspired by the simplicity of vintage tent trailers and at under 400 lbs can be tow by almost any vehicle. It’s a rolling camp box of sorts. It has a kitchen / galley area on the front that includes organized, shelved storage compartments and counter space. In the rear is a large general storage compartment for bulkier items and storage containers. On top is mounted a tent unit for sleeping which can be used without loading of the trailer.

However, it’s more than just a compact trailer; it’s about a simple and “unplugged” way of camping. It is a step back in time to when tent trailer’s focused on the basics, such as a dry roof over your head for sleeping. It is for people who go camping to leave the normal hustle and bustle of life at home and take advantage of the soothing, relaxing and recharging effects a few days in nature has upon the mind and body. It’s about enjoying simple pleasures. Such as, a sunset over the lake, catching sight of a shooting star, smores or scary ghost stories by the campfire. I have to admit, I just don’t get pulling up in a beastly RV, coming out to setup your satellite dish, and then disappear inside to eat your microwave dinner.

For additional information check out, Explorer Box

Compact Camping Concepts
Old 12 Nov 2009, 07:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Tent Topped Camping Trailers

Built one similar many years ago and pulled it behind a Triumph TR-3 ...Worked real good back then...Now I appreciate either my Bluebird for long trips or my smaller Allegro Bay for weekends....I build a outside fire ,break out the Ice Chest and Hot Dog stuff .Then Invite everyone in the campground over...Just like when I carried all my camping gear on a motorcycle...

YES ! That is a Ron Paul for President Sticker..

Growing OLD is Natural - Growing UP is Optional It's NEVER too late to have a Happy Childhood

Ed Sidders , Lake-O The-Pines , Northeast Texas
Old 12 Nov 2009, 09:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Tent Topped Camping Trailers

No offense intended Scott, but your link is busted. Got photos of the trailer packed up and ready to pull? I'm not pulling a wooden box behind my beautiful ride, but am looking for a trailer, have been looking closely at Little Guy trailers but find them too expensive. A member over at PTCrew makes custom PT trailers to match the body style but not big enough to sleep in. Looking for something in-between, which your's may match that requirement. More photos would be good...

Oh, yes, I'm a big guy, 6'2", around 300 pounds... any weight limit? lol

Last edited by Chromenut; 12 Nov 2009 at 09:09 pm.