Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Why use Perfect Auto Finish?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Feb 2008, 04:11 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Why use Perfect Auto Finish?

We offer the finest professional auto detailing in the Chicagoland area. I only use the best products, equipment, and techniques known to the industry to date. Each and every vehicle is detailed by me, like it was my own car. I have sunk my entire life into this business and that is motivation enough for me to provide top-notch service.

Am I qualified you ask?

I began working as a porter at Dick Wickstrom Chevrolet when I was 16 years old. I had been cleaning my families cars well before that, but there I learned the basics of professional car cleaning. I had an anal, but excellent teacher who demanded that every car or truck sold looked like it rolled off the showroom floor. I learned many different techniques from many different people, some good, some not so good. The detailer refused to teach any of the porters to use a buffer for fear they would take his job. I probably would have. Because of that I was unable to advance my skills at that time.

After 3 years at Wickstrom I took a break from the industry and got my B.S. in Networking and Communication Management from DeVry. While in school I worked part-time in the summer for Gary Kouba, the previous owner of Perfect Auto Finish. Here I learned the differences between products, their uses, and advanced detailing practices. I became familiar with the use of high speed buffer, dual-action buffer, and cyclo buffer with different degrees of compounds, polishes, glazes etc. I learned the difference between a wax and sythetic paint sealant, and why the sealant offers superior paint protection.

Right out of school I got a job with Fox Valley Motorcars managing their detail shop and porters. Yes, the Lamborghini and Lotus dealership in 64 and County Farm. From there I further broadened my product knowedge and picked up essential management statagies. It was nice driving around lambos, lotus', and porsches all day, but the job wasnt going anywhere, so again I left the industry to work for a Fortune500 freight broker.

Gary worked for that company and 3 years later he mentioned to me over coffee in the breakroom that he was looking to sell Perfect Auto Finish. I leapt at the opportunity, called in some favors, and here I am.

One major difference between us and your local carwash detail shop is the application of a professional grade paint sealant. This is the same type of sealant that the dealerships try to sell with the purchase of a vehicle for $500-800 depending on the dealership. This synthetic amino-functional silicone actually creates a chemical bond with the clearcoat allowing it to last for 4-6 months compared to the 3-4week a typical caranuba wax lasts.

Order our professional detail products at Perfect Auto Finish - Auto Detailing

The other main difference is the fact that I spend anywhere from 6 to 8 to 10 hours per vehicle and only do one vehicle per day. This assures that nothing is rushed or missed. We also offer free pickup and delivery within 10 miles of Roselle which we are licensed and insured to do. After 10 miles pickup and delivery can be arranged for a $1/mile fee.

For all your detailing needs!
Old 02 Feb 2008, 10:29 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Why use Perfect Auto Finish?

perfect auto stuff has always been great !!
Old 02 Feb 2008, 03:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Why use Perfect Auto Finish?

I have purchased many products from Gary and when I need to replace them, I'll be back. IMHO they are the best I have ever used and I have used many in my 68 years..

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar