PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
NEW INTAKE, UPPER CHARGE PIPING

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2003, 09:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo
Default NEW INTAKE, UPPER CHARGE PIPING

I am in the process of making two sets of pipes cold air intake, upper charge piping (Pipe that goes from the TB to the intercooler).

I am going to sell them as a total kit you will get both pipes, air filter, all silicone hoses. The pipes are eather going to be black crome or black powdercoated with black silicont connectors.

I have relocated my battery so I made one that has smooth bends, the intake goes down where the battery used to sit, and the upper charge piping makes a way smoother bend since it doesnt have to bend around the battery also.

My question is would a lot of people be interested in the kit that you would relocate your battery and have smoother bends or are most people keeping there battery up front where the bends would be better than stock but not as smooth as the first kit. The reason I am asking this is because I have to order a lot of them and I dont want 20 sets sitting if most people are not going to relocate the battery.

Any comments would be helpfull.. I am doing this for two reasons.. first reason is I was going to make this anyways and thought others would like piping that didnt make tight bends and second I am used to honda prices and the PT prices for aftermarket products are outragous..

I plan on selling the set for under $300 wich is what people are selling just the intake for.. the other pipe would be benifitial because you could easily put a blow off valve on it, plus it wouldnt flex like the stock pipe.. plus it would dress up the engine bay..

If these sell well I will start to make them special order where you could get regular crome or anadized, or whatever color you wanted.

Again thanks for the feedback this will help me make something that everyone wants at a price people want to pay..

ADAM
baggedptturbo03@aol.com
Old 21 Nov 2003, 10:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

I think most people would not relocate their batteries - they would rather have less efficient piping. Try making one that does not require relocating the battery and you will have a winner
Old 21 Nov 2003, 11:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm not interested in one as of yet, BUT... I think one that you do not need to relocate the battery is a good idea and may sell. Guys like you trying to help us is just one of the things that make this a great group to be a part of[?] Thanks[:X]
KB
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 21 Nov 2003, 11:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I think that the charge pipe is a great idea, but don't think I'd mess around with relocating the battery tho.
Thx

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 22 Nov 2003, 08:22 am
Cool Cruiser

First, where did you put the batt. and second, lets see pictures ASAP. I mean if you are makeing one for yourself anyway.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 22 Nov 2003, 09:05 am
Senior Cruiser

yes, I want this mod, but require pics....
Old 22 Nov 2003, 09:08 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to macster

Count me out on relocating the battery.

macster

Patriot Blue PTGT, Stage1, K&N Typhoon, 2.5\" Cat back exhaust, Sun Hyperground, Sun HOT INZAMA Hyper Voltage system, Adams Uppipe
Old 22 Nov 2003, 09:30 am
Young Cruiser

I have run many, many street cars with relocated batteries and don't really have an issue with it, provided you canput it in the trunk or bed. My real concern is on the PT where did you put it? Most anyplace will be inside the passenger compartment, and that IS dangerous! I don't think it would be worth it on anything less than a all-out racer, just my opinion. Would like to see what you have though.[?]
Joe
Old 22 Nov 2003, 11:12 am
Cool Cruiser

Also relocating the battery (and taking weight off the front end)in a front wheel drive that can already break traction when rolling isn't the greatest idea.

AC
Old 22 Nov 2003, 11:31 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

I think that the charge pipe is a great idea, but don't think I'd mess around with relocating the battery tho.
Thx
Agreed...

I need pics to see what youre talking about...

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!