Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Unique Sound System for your Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Feb 2011, 02:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Unique Sound System for your Cruiser

I've been looking for a way too add a little more bass to my PT without taking up any of the cargo space. I came across a companys website that has a JL Audio stealth box for my car. Ever since i orderd it ive been the happiest. It makes for one UNIQUE ride. You can barely realize its there and it has a HUGE sound output. I'll attach the link for others who want sort of the same thing. You'll also get free shipping with any purchase of $50 or over.

Creative Car Audio - JL Audio 2000 - 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Old 01 Feb 2011, 04:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Unique Sound System for your Cruiser

I got one from e-bay (new) it is the one that was an option built to Chrysler specs. It's an 8" sub 80 watt w/ built in crossover. comes with ALL the wiring AND connectors..it"s plug 'n' play. It was $49 + shipping! The only down side; You have to take half the car apart to install it, it is completely hidden except for the cover, it goes in the left rear storage spot. I'm waiting for warmer weather before I install it...TOO cold in my unheated garage!
Old 01 Feb 2011, 06:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Unique Sound System for your Cruiser

When I first saw the posting in the sound section, I was pretty well shocked at the price they were asking. I knew even the original option from Chrysler was way lower than $579.00 and I've seen them on eBay like Blade's going pretty cheap. I thought about it and figured it must be a vendor, asking for a price like that so I moved the posting here.
Old 01 Feb 2011, 06:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

The e-bay seller says the original price from Chrysler was $449 as an option..or somewhere close to that.

They ask what type of radio you have installed, then they send the correct wiring for that unit..damn good deal if you ask me! Also, complete instructions in the box.
I mean, it's no Rockford system,but, I bet it will pound a lil bit
Old 27 Feb 2011, 09:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
I got one from e-bay (new) it is the one that was an option built to Chrysler specs. It's an 8" sub 80 watt w/ built in crossover. comes with ALL the wiring AND connectors..it"s plug 'n' play. It was $49 + shipping! The only down side; You have to take half the car apart to install it, it is completely hidden except for the cover, it goes in the left rear storage spot. I'm waiting for warmer weather before I install it...TOO cold in my unheated garage!
Sounds just like what I'm looking for... Do you have a link to the item? Is the seller a store?

Thanks!
Old 15 Mar 2011, 09:24 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post

Just an FYI. This is not the stock Mopar sub. This is a JL stealth box with a 300watt 10" instead of the 80watt 8".

227 HP and 281 TQ

new best of 14.56 1/4 mile on 7/25/12 still using the canned tune from my diablosport predator.

*Stage 1, DSP w/93 canned tune, 3" o2 housing, 3" FWDPerformance downpipe with cutout. Bwoody solid mounts. AMX1397 TTAB with K&n drop in filter and airbox mod. AMX1397 lower pipe and AMX1397 uppipe with HKS BOV
* stock nsrt rims powdercoated black, chrome pillars.
* 3 gauge pod w/ aem wideband, Autometer ultralite oil pressure and 30/30 boost, Mopar 8" sub.*