PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Beware CruiserMotorSports.com

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2011, 04:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Beware CruiserMotorSports.com

So the other day I'm looking for some items for my PT and while wandering through CruiserMotorSports.com section for Chrome Accessories I happened to notice that one of the photos they are using is from Race and Street. I know that because I bought my spears from Maggie, and went back to her page and yes, it's her photo, even has RAS on it.

Screen shot of CMS's page:

Screen shot from RAS's page:

So I drop a line to CMS to ask them if they are aware of it. See the reply below, and judge for yourself this vendor:

Quote:
-------Original Message-------

Date: 6/8/2011 11:25:11 AM
To: **********.com
Subject: Re: CMS - WebSite Contact Request

Get a Life

Mitch
Cruiser MotorSports
951-697-8240

In a message dated 6/8/2011 6:02:48 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, web@regalbuilt.com writes:
Hello Mitch,
You have received a request via your website contact form. Below is the information entered by that visitor:
Name: Robin Huggins
Email: ********.com
Phone:
Best way to contact: Contact_Via_Email
Additional Comments:
Was looking at chrome accessories and noticed you have one of Race and Streets photos for your add for chrome door spears.
Chrome Accessories
Isn't that a bit sketchy? I mean using someone else's images for you to make money?
I took this to Maggie, since she's been so nice to me for years now, and gave her a copy of his reply. Personally, I believe that all of our members should visit his site and ask him the same question. This person appears to not care, he's been previously warned and basically his response was about the same as what he said to me. Now maybe he has good prices, I'm not really sure as I'm totally turned off by his reply.

Personally, I will not do business with someone of this nature. I'm not one to judge, but I feel it is important that our members recognize this for what it is.

Also, in his site, he says the following:
Quote:
Quoted from CruiserMotorSports.com
Shipping Terms

ABOUT ONLINE FRAUD:
To keep our cost and prices as low as possible, we take online fraud very seriously. What this means is that we use a variety of anti-fraud measures and will prosecute ANY instances to the fullest extent of the law.
I am not an attorney, but to me this is fraud, taking someone else's images and using them to make money. Sounds like fraud to me, and here he is stating that he takes fraud very seriously. Whoa... he must mean that in a different way than it reads.

Your's to judge, please post your comments.

Last edited by Chromenut; 08 Jun 2011 at 04:48 pm.
Old 08 Jun 2011, 05:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill
Default Re: Beware CruiserMotorSports.com

Ive purchased from cms before, honestly ill buy from wherever has the lowest prices.

If price wasnt an issue his reply to u was very rude and unneeded and i would consider avoiding the place. But really in a business of overpriced chromed plastics ill go wherever the price is right.

Thanks for letting us know!

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 08 Jun 2011, 05:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Valid point Dill, and before I purchase from some place else I always call Maggie first, and if she can't get it or meet/beat the price, then I go to Linda at PTBoutique. Seldom do I end up buying from someone else, mainly it's Maggie who provides me what I want.

Now, there is a further issue related to your comment, one that goes beyond pricing. Let me set the stage for you - I purchased a set of Altezza smoked chrome LED rear taillights from Maggie. About 9 months later, the right one stopped working. Found out that my fender well was quite open below and the tire throws up all kinds of things onto the back of that lamp housing. I pulled it out and there was no noticeable problem with the taillight, other than it didn't work.

So, I called Maggie and asked what she could do to help me out. I originally paid I think like $258 for the pair. While talking with a couple peeps over at PTCrew, someone suggested I should go to the Altezza Bermuda Blacks, that they would look better on my car. So I asked Maggie, could she do me a swap deal on the old to new, and a different model?

Well, the Bermuda Blacks were $20 a pair more expensive at the time, and my warranty on the Smoked Chrome lights had expired, but you know what Maggie did? She sent me a pair of Bermuda Blacks and asked that I send her back my "defective" set. She didn't even want shipping!!! I went ahead and paypal'd her the difference in price plus enough to cover shipping both ways!

Now here's what goes beyond price - customer service! Maggie has a client for life. I will do my best to buy from her first. She's sent me to other places to buy something that she could not get cheaper, and that was really appreciated. She's helped me out when I was in a bind. She's always there to answer your call and she is always willing to try to help.

Do you think I can expect that kind of customer service from CMS? I would say that is highly unlikely, maybe even extremely doubtful.
Old 08 Jun 2011, 05:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

By the way, let me make myself clear, the images posted in my first comment were not authorized for use by their respective owners. I just wanted to make that clear so that if there is a complaint I will remove those. I'm sure Maggie wouldn't mind, but CMS???
Old 08 Jun 2011, 06:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I've only bought from RAS and that comment from "Mitch" has certainly made sure I will never buy from his company! "Get a life" is not the way to talk to a prospective customer. Even if he had no intention of doing anything about it, there are a lot of other ways to reply.

Maggie from RAS has always been great to deal with. I always phone her to order and she is great to talk to, a very nice lady. When I bought my roll pan from her she even threw in a free t-shirt with the order.
Old 09 Jun 2011, 02:45 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Wow that pretty crazy. I know Mitch in person and he is a good guy who has had to go through some hard times lately.

But im still surprised by that response.
Old 09 Jun 2011, 07:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I have purchased from Maggie and she provides great service. As far as the photo, if it is not copyrighted, I am not sure if there is anything illegal about.

People say I have a drinking problem. I Drink... I Get Drunk... I Fall Down... No problem! ! !
Old 09 Jun 2011, 07:46 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Steel Blue View Post
I have purchased from Maggie and she provides great service. As far as the photo, if it is not copyrighted, I am not sure if there is anything illegal about.
Technically all photos are copyrighted and who ever took the picture owns it. But I would think that the photo in question probably doesn't belong to RAS unless Maggie took it. I bet it's a photo from the company that makes the chrome spears and RAS is using it with permission from the company. CMS has taken it from RAS website, probably without permission, so they are guilty of copyright infringement.

In any case, the "get a life" comment is definitely uncalled for
Old 09 Jun 2011, 08:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I work for a large Printing company and if one of our Customer Service folks said that to a customer they would be SO GONE no questions and no excuses
In today's market that is not excepted and as a person it would tick me off
Old 09 Jun 2011, 11:58 am
Cool Cruiser

On a related note. How hard is it to remove/install the 'vert door spears? I noticed the other day that one of mine is like halfway unstuck.