Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Group buy Rotors/Pads/SS lines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2012, 09:34 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Group buy Rotors/Pads/SS lines

4 people or more Group buy.. Take $30 off Rotors or Totoal discount with order if you also getting pads and or SS lines...

We can set a tanative end date for March 2nd but if people want it earlier or later we can change the end date.. No need to send money untill it gets closer to the end date.. Please start a list so we can see what intrest and when we start getting people that are going to order

Thanks.. Adam
That Rotor Shop
Old 02 Feb 2012, 09:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Re: Group buy Rotors/Pads/SS lines

Here are Prices
NA (2 Front Rotor PT's)
$130 front 2 Rotors
$55 Posi quiet pads up front
SS lines price when purchased with Rotors/Pads
$75 ( front only )

GT & (4 Rotor PT's)
$230 all 4 Rotors
$90 Posi quiet pads all the way around
SS lines price when purchased with Rotors/Pads
$80 ( front only )

Check out my web site.. I would like to add some more pictures in the PT section from this group buy

Thanks.. Adam
That Rotor Shop
Old 03 Feb 2012, 12:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hey Adam, hope all is going well for you! Looks like a good price, and I'm about ready to toss out my old and go with the new, and from the feedback I've been hearing you are the man when it comes to rotors. So, on the price you're showing, what type of rotors does that include for the GT? I've got an '06. Also, the SS lines, are there photos somewhere of those and maybe instructions on the swap out?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03 Feb 2012, 06:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Hi Adam my question is are the rotors both cross drilled and slotted and are the pads ceramic also one last question do you take paypal ,thanks in advance,Larry
2003 GT Turbo HO,Autostick,Stone White,Stage 1 ECM,Composite Intake,BTG Strut Brace,2004 GT Race pedals,Mopar BOV,VMS 10.2mm spark plug wires,NGK Copper plugs,K&N Drop In Filter,Air Box Mod,Gates Hi-Miler Upper & Lower Blue Radiator Hoses,Gates HP Blue Timing Belt,Clark & Clark Hood Struts color matched to car,PTeazer LED Teardrop Tail Lamps,245/45ZR17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS,Blue Tokiko struts and shocks,Eibach lowering coils front & rear ,Eibach sway bars front & rear,New Moog Lower Control Arms,Hyperflex Master Bushing Kit,Moog Strut Mounts,MB Motorsports Alpina 17x7.5,Mopar sub,AMI billet locking fuel door,2005 GT Stainles BrakeGas and foot Rest peddles,PTeazer Billet Door Sills,Billet emergency handle,EGR rain guards,Air horn,9" shorty billet antenna & a splash of bling
Old 03 Feb 2012, 12:46 pm
Young Cruiser

Posi quiet pads are ceramic (low dust) not semi matalic

The Rotors come in 3 different styles all the same price
cross drilled
slotted
cross drilled and slotted (more popular)

I will update this thread with pictures of the ss lines with more information on them in a couple hours..

I take www.paypal.com account name thatrotorshop@aol.com

Thanks.. Adam
That Rotor Shop
Old 03 Feb 2012, 01:54 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yo yo Adam... may I ask a silly question pleez? I definitely want the whole package - but, butt, cross-drilled and slotted - is that supposed to help improve the brakes' performance or what? I'm concerned about how it's going to affect the pads, as in cutting them down. I've had some bad experiences in the past with drilled and/or slotted rotors eating my pads.

So, since you are 'da man', please tell me, which should I get for my insanely fun PT GT Vert??? I'm ready to order now.
Old 03 Feb 2012, 02:58 pm
Young Cruiser

The Stainless steel lines I sell are Stop-Tech.. Excelint brand

Back of package.. This is for a GT but the NA is aprox the same

The package comes with instructions for a generic vehicle.. It is easy to actually change them out.. The difference is you are opening up the system so you need to make sure you have a partner who knows how to push on the brakes and opining up the release valve letting out the air for the PT in the correct order.. I would get a small bottle of OEM fluid to replace the small amount that will be lost.. I contacted a PT GT guy to do a nice DYI article but it has not happened yet.. I have another guy in a group buy on another PT site that smart.. He is going to do the SS lines and I will ask him to take pictures and stuff and I will post that up..

On my web site That Rotor Shop I have a SRT-4 section (same Rotors as the PT GT).. The guy was so happy with them he sent me a cd with tons of pictures.. Notice he has cross drilled and slotted and has had zero problems

I counter sink all of my cross drilled holes and slotts.. This does a couple things.. It relieves stress and smoother transition

I recomend cross drilled and slotted.. The cross drilled holes cool and the slotts clean the pads under hard braking so you make a better connection.. It doesnt eat the pads where you will notice a drop in wear from non slotted Rotors unless you do a lot of hard breaking and then if you do the extra $50 you will spend every few years will be less then a crash.. Under regular braking the slotts dont cut into the pads enough to make any wear loss

Thanks.. Adam
That Rotor Shop
Old 04 Feb 2012, 12:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

All right then Adam. I need a full set of 4 for a 2006 PT GT convertible (vert probably doesn't mean anything to these), slotted and cross-drilled, posi pads, and the SS lines. Make me a deal! hahaha PM me the info and I'll get a payment to you.

Oh, also, I'll do a combo video and stills of the installs so you can use them on your site. K??
Old 04 Feb 2012, 12:24 am
Young Cruiser

I usually wait untill the group buy is complete so I do the same vehicle at the same time.. But I have a complete set of Rotors/Pads/SS lines in stock so if you are ready I will count you as 1 of 4 and can get those out to you.. The vert doesnt matter but put what you are ordering and your mailing address in the comment section on paypal.. If you have more questions please email me at thatrotorshop@aol.com.. I cant wait to get pictures of a vert on my site

www.paypal.com account name thatrotorshop@aol.com

Thanks.. Adam
That Rotor Shop

Last edited by thatrotorshop; 04 Feb 2012 at 12:28 am. Reason: adding more info
Old 04 Feb 2012, 04:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I'll do you one better. I'll do some stack photos of the equipment prior to installation, then do an illustration of them that you can use on your site. For an example, I did a photo shoot last week at RK Motors here in Charlotte. They specialize in very high end custom cars.

This photo is of a 1934 JN Rollston Duesenburg, it's listed at one million dollars, took some shots then produced some nice images from them:

This is the illustration, well one of many:

We can put together something fancy-schmancy that fits the theme of your site.

Last edited by Chromenut; 03 Mar 2012 at 04:48 pm.