PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Custom Hood Strut Deals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2004, 04:14 pm
Blaneb

Default Custom Hood Strut Deals

Hi All,

Due to another customer ordering color matched Hood Lift Kits then not paying for the order (This is getting a little frustrating [xx(]) I have a Bright Silver and a Stone White color matched Hood Lift Kits that need homes. Rather than repainting these items I'll let them go for the price of the basic kit. Thats a $25.00 savings. This offer is good until tomorrow then I'll repaint them for nice "Paying" [|)]customers.

Thanks, Blane

Blaneb@pcmagic.net
Old 13 Feb 2004, 05:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Blane,
That's a "bummerr' [xx(] , wonder why people do something like that, don't they realize that ties up your money. If I din't already have a set from you, I'd jump on a deal like that. Have had many comments on the ones I have. [^]
Old 13 Feb 2004, 05:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I don't undertsand why your making them without the cash in your hands?
Old 13 Feb 2004, 07:39 pm
Blaneb

I make them without cash in hand because I'm customer oriented. People say they are mailing payment and need them "ASAP" so I strive to have orders ready to ship when a payment arrives. It's worked well 99% of the time but there are a few cases that haven't. I may change my policy if this keeps up.

Blane
Old 13 Feb 2004, 08:44 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That stinks. I love the red ones you made me. Work great even in cold weather. I was sad to part with my blue ones on my 01, but could re-mount the factory prop, so I had to leave them.
I'm sure you'll get a buyer around here.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 14 Feb 2004, 10:46 pm
Blaneb

Hi All,

Thanks for the great response, these sold quickly. I'd rather let the forum members have a chance at this great deal than just repaint them, and it worked out well. For those that want the best hood lift kit available anywhere and the opportunity to get a great hood lift kit customized to your specificatins just drop me an email.

Take Care, Blane
Old 14 Feb 2004, 11:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Blane made some almond struts for my almond PT. Easy install and look great. Highly recommended mod.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 02:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I don't doubt the quility of his work, but aren't these priced VERY high?

you can buy these struts for $15, and then all you need is the brackets.

so for $50worth of parts he sells them for over $125 US??
Old 15 Feb 2004, 03:06 pm
Blaneb

It amazes me that the only negative comments I ever see posted about my Hood Lifts are from people that don't seem to know anything about them. I respect anyones opinion if they think these cost too much, they're welcome not to buy them. But for the record you can not buy the gas springs that I use for $15.00, they retail for $25.00 each and my price to forum members for the standard Hood Lift Kit is $120.00, not "over $125.00 US" and that price is the same or less than the lesser quality Hood Lift Kits on the market. I'm really amused by the statement that:

"you can buy these struts for $15, and then all you need is the brackets." [)]

Thats like saying "you can buy PT Cruiser wheels for $500.00, and then all you need is the rest of the car."

So as far as opinions go I'll stick with the opinions of the many forum members that have bought, use and recommend my product as one of the best values of any item they have purchased for their PTs.
Old 15 Feb 2004, 06:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Its always easy for one to say "I could do it cheaper". But do they?