PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New intake and Uppercharge piping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Feb 2004, 02:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 03baggedturbo
Default New intake and Uppercharge piping

My new product is ready I am not trying to sell on the turbo performance board but I am looking for someone that lives in Orange County, Ca with a stock PT turbo. I will sell the product to them for the regular cost of $325. I will pay to have there car dyno'd stock then I will install the intake and uppercharge piping and have it dyno'd again to see what results it gains.

I would like to use someone else's car so that nobody thinks I am messing with any boost gauge or anything else on my personal car for higher results.

I have pictures of the complete system but I need to email them to someone to post them on here..

ADAM BROWN

ProtyType
Power
Old 29 Feb 2004, 03:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

try photobucket for free hosting, or cardomain.

AC
Old 29 Feb 2004, 03:33 pm
Regular Cruiser

Is this just the hot and cold side of the IC, or does it also include the intake pipe? Can one get any after BOV flange pre-installed on it? does it include the silicone couplers?
- Custom exhaust: no muffler, side exit.
- Replaced air box with open end cone filter.
- Stage 1
Old 29 Feb 2004, 05:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hey Adam, good meeting you at the OC Meet & Greet yesterday. Email me at mike@formulagrafix.com and I'll put the pix on my server for you no problem.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 04:20 am
Cool Cruiser

Thanks Mike you are a cool guy to talk to. I will email you the pictures tomorrow night.

This system comes with everything you need. It comes with one pipe coming from the turbo, then a silicone boot, then another pipe that kicks it over to the wheel well, then an HKS type (Mushroom)filter. The Uppercharge piping comes with a 90 deg. silicone bend so you can keep the stock battery if you want, then the pipe that goes to the throttle body. I made it with a blow off flange that is capped in case you are using the stock blow off valve for now. All you will need to do later is take two nuts off put the BOV on and put the two nuts back on.. Take the orange line going to your stock BOV off and hook it to the new BOV and you are finished. The set up I have now will fit all Blitz, gready, and older HKS type BOV. I use powdercoating to resist some of the temp and make it durable. I will post pictures of the system on my car and laid out so you can see what you are getting. The silicone I am using isn't the cheap stuff it is what drag turbo setups use. Also the clamps I use are stainless steel. They have a longer piece of clamp so when you tighten it the longer piece covers the grooves so it doesn't eat into the silicone. Sounds confusing but I assure you when you see the pictures your jaw will drop.

ADAM
Old 02 Mar 2004, 04:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Where's the beef (pics) Just kidding, I am actually interested in what your making. Can you tell me what perfomance gains we might see from the new piping and how much are you thinking of chargeing for this. Thanks
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 02 Mar 2004, 01:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

OK, here are the pix Adam was promising. You'll have to direct all your questions to him, I'm just acting as messenger here.

Old 02 Mar 2004, 02:57 pm
Regular Cruiser

I must admit, i am impressed. What material is it made from? have you thought of getting it polished or plated? I was going to fab my own with polished SS, but if i can find something pre-built I would seriously reconsider.
Am I missing something, or is the turbo outlet - to IC pipe not included (or is it not rubber)?
- Custom exhaust: no muffler, side exit.
- Replaced air box with open end cone filter.
- Stage 1
Old 02 Mar 2004, 03:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

Thank you Mike...

As you can see from the pictures this is a quality product. This is a kit that I made for myself first then started making for other people. I worked closely with different turbo shop owners and 10-11 second turbo car owners to make a comprehensive kit at a reasonable price.

The reason you need the new uppercharge piping if you are serious about performance are..

1) Stock UCP is a solid silicone pipe which expands under boost. When the stock pipe expands you in turn loose boost.

2) The stock UCP bends really hard to go under the battery. Next time you go out to your car reach down and feel where I am talking about.

3) The system comes with a capped BOV so when you upgrade to a BOV you will not have to drill anything.

This system is made of steel so there is no expanding under boost. I use a 90 deg. bend to go past the battery so it doesn't pinch down in that trouble spot.

These pictures have the optional cold air attachment shown. The last section nearest the air filter. I will take pictures of the same system but with the regular attachment for if you want to keep your stock battery.

I was going to originally go with 3" pipe but all the people I talked to said that was not a good idea.. All of our fittings.. I.E.. intercooler, Throttle body, Turbo are all 2 1/2 so I made the pipe 2 1/2.. to have gone bigger on the intake side would be a waist.. and to go bigger on the Uppercharge Piping side would have resulted a bigger pipe then the rest of the system and you would actualy loose boost.

The stock color is black. I can do candy blue, candy red, and silver for an additional $30.

ADAM
ProtoType
Power
Old 02 Mar 2004, 03:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

very nice...I'm highly interested....[8)]

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...