Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
DO NOT LISTEN TO AMX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2004, 12:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default DO NOT LISTEN TO AMX

If you do not like better throttle response, if you do not like more getteyup, and if you hate fighting back the big sh*tin grin off your face when you squeez the go peddle and your GT boogies better. Then do not listen to AMX, cause his Xpipe WORKS ! And I betcha he knows what he is doing on his other mods too.
I will up date this a little later.
Old 01 Mar 2004, 04:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I am using his X pipe and I love it!!!

Thanks Jim,

Ian
Old 01 Mar 2004, 04:55 pm
Regular Cruiser

it's just a new unobstructed intake pipe.. no different then the others really, with established benefits behind it, but a lot cheaper then springing for an entire brand name set-up I was going to make my own, but figured it would be easier to just buy his when the time came - it's a lot prettier then what I could do and no headaches doing it myself I would definatley buy his before a KN, etc - if for no other reason then he's a fellow enthusiast who seems to put a lot of time into his car
- Custom exhaust: no muffler, side exit.
- Replaced air box with open end cone filter.
- Stage 1
Old 01 Mar 2004, 07:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Hare,Hair, Jason,

I just liked the fact that a fellow member brought it to market with a price I could afford (blue did not hurt either), using the stock air box, the proven mods to it all ready discussed a lot by other listers.

I will buy ThriftÂ’s motor mounts when they are tested buy him and he gives an honest evaluation. You see I trust these guys. And no I am not blind and would never do a mod that I do not feel comfortable with.

To me Forums are for this reason. A group of diverse people with a common interest. When someone sees what we want and can make a nice product then HE gets my $$$$$

The new WGA on the SRT board is another example of a mod that is very high on my list, especially with the dual solenoid set up and HOB switch.

MOPAR/PVO/WWS (Wont Warranty Shi!) what ever the hell you are now, are you reading this?

2003 Electric Blue GT-30,000 Miles on the clock
Stage 1, Greddy Profec II B. Turbo Chargers Wastegate set to 13#. Forge Motors BOV (Blue of course). Brand AMX Intake/AirCooler Pipes/K&N Cone with Snorkel to Fender well, MSD Coil, Live Wires(Blue of course), Factory rear sway bar, KYB struts and shocks, BTG strut tower brace, Suspension Techniques 1.3\" F/R lowering springs, ATP 3” down pipe with high flow cat, BTG axle back exhaust, Rear Spoiler. Russel Brake Lines/Hawk Brake Pads/Power Slot Cyro Rotors on a four corners

Support Your Right to Arm Bears
Old 01 Mar 2004, 08:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jason_L

it's just a new unobstructed intake pipe.. no different then the others really, with established benefits behind it, but a lot cheaper then springing for an entire brand name set-up I was going to make my own, but figured it would be easier to just buy his when the time came - it's a lot prettier then what I could do and no headaches doing it myself I would definatley buy his before a KN, etc - if for no other reason then he's a fellow enthusiast who seems to put a lot of time into his car
Jason, I do not claim to be a master, but this intake down pipe that i make just happened to be the correct peice for our turbo. it works and works well from 5 to 20 hp extra, the harder you push the more hp you get. If you or any one that has or orders the amx1397 down pipe doesn' like it return it within 30 days I will send you a refund by pay pal the day i get it. then others will be able to buy it at a used price of only 149.99.((useing it makes it better,))(lol)
Old 01 Mar 2004, 09:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ok here is the later. As long as I have been fooling around this stuff, when I see something new I wait and read and watch. One of the first things I changed on this car was the CAI, and I hated BGT'z. To loud for me, looked great, sold it.
I put on the Xpipe this weekend and forgot about it, (bad weather here). Didnt drive until this morning going to work. First couple of miles I did note it was running better, still forgetting the mod.
Stopped at my coffe hole, which is one of those places that can be a nightmare to get back into traffic. Had to get with the flow quickly and that is when I remembered the mod. I did not go WOT just a good swueez on the go peddle and got pushed into the seat back. Man it is one mod well worth the wait and $$. Played with it where I could comming home, still got a sh*tin eatin grin on my face. Cant wait to go to the track now. Practice my nontire burning launch.
Thanks AMX, we will talk again. I think my new endever will be to see how fast a Stage one equipped car can go. Stage 2 not in my wallet anyway. This car is fast enough to get me in trouble.
03 Steel Blue Pearl Turbo, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Magnaflow performance muffler, My Air Box mod., AMXpipe W/K&N filter, LED lighting,PT Tunning rear lowering springs & BGT Strut tower brace, Hankooks Ventus tires, Rage Motif 17 in. wheels. Tribal pinstrips by Palmer (who else), Color match paint by Etouchup.com, Plugs and wires by Sparkplugs.com, http://members.cardomain.com/rodrungtpt
Old 02 Mar 2004, 12:29 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jason_L

Jason, just reread your post , thank you for the kind words,we all take pride in out car. "a car is not something to get from point to point a car is the point" Jessie James,, and without it we walk.
Old 02 Mar 2004, 05:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Rodrun,1. look under the pas.side front like under the headlight, make sure you hose does not rub the eng, you will see where the eng pan is bolted and rubs the hose whenever it has high boost, you will feel a weak spot on the hose . I covered mine with another hose and tie rapped it in place,
2. I am running 18 to 22 lbs of boost but never a mid throttle ,there the lite comes on, but wot no lite, the little hose just before the throttle body ( rubber and elect.) connecters plug the nipple leave the hose open, and bring up your boost one click at a time,(manal) and hold on, with S1 you have plenty of fuel, but I would hold it at 18 for now, when you get a chance push it wot 1st to2 and then 3 gear if it does not cough you are good.you can let off or keep going. try to drive at say 30 or 40 or 50 and ease up to 45, 55,65, if you hold mid throttle too long the eng lite will come on, jist disconnect the batt. fot 3 min. and every thing resets hope this works for you it does for me but i am stock eccept for boost controler and my intake, jim
Old 30 Mar 2004, 02:20 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

I also got a amx Xpipe. Not only do you get hp but i can here the turbo spooling up and the stock blowoff valve blowing off. The throttle response is great I was making a left turn onto a side street and was going about 20mph and gave my pt about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and it came alive squealint both tires and taking off like a bat out of h@#* . thanks Amx for a reseanble priced upgrade

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 31 Mar 2004, 12:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jim, I put your brand-x pipe on two days ago - wow, it looks great and runs great. A mod from a fellow PT'r at a reasonable price, it just doesn't get any better than that (haven't I heard that phrase somewhere before?). Thanks for the work that you put into your product, and for your opinions on the various forums.