PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
3 Inch Downpipe Now Avail For PT Cruiser....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Mar 2004, 12:33 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 3 Inch Downpipe Now Avail For PT Cruiser....

Just finished development of a dp specifically designed for the PT Cruiser Turbo. This is not a revised SRT dp. This is specifacally made for the PT crowd.

The fist version avail will be one that mates up to the Mopar cat back. You cut the 2.25 inch bottle neck off (hack saw works fine) and the dp mates to the 2.5 inch section of the Borla with a 3 inch stainless steel band clamp.

DP is avail in aluminized or stainless steel, with or without cat. An extra O2 bung can be installed for aftermarket A/F ratio meters.

Prices:

Aluminized - $185
Stainless - $220
Cat - Add $60
Extra O2 bung - Add $8

Will start taking orders next week.

My company is www.maxxfab.com. This dp is not on the web site yet, but will be by weeks end.

Any question feel free to email me at maxxfabsales@mindspring.com

Thanks go out to John Mozley for working with me on the development of the dp.

Old 16 Mar 2004, 06:08 am
Cool Cruiser

I'll definetly be interested as soon as I have Stage 2 in my hands.

When you say its available with or with-out Cat I'm assuming the "with-out" is a race-pipe that still includes at least one O-2 bung?

Also will you be doing any dyno-testing to give us a HP differance with the addition of your down-pipe?

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 08:13 am
Regular Cruiser

Looks great. I am with hyracer in that I will be interested after I get Stage 2. Hopefully this will be sooner rather than later.

By the way the correct link to your site is www.maxxfab.com without the "." at the end.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:08 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hyracer

When you say its available with or with-out Cat I'm assuming the "with-out" is a race-pipe that still includes at least one O-2 bung?

Also will you be doing any dyno-testing to give us a HP differance with the addition of your down-pipe?

Deen

Yes, without cat it still has one O2 bung.

Need to get a local car here to do dyno testing.

If it's anything like the SRT, 7-10 is about the average.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 10:29 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scottmech

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hyracer

Deen

Yes, without cat it still has one O2 bung.

Need to get a local car here to do dyno testing.

If it's anything like the SRT, 7-10 is about the average.
Scott -

You're in N GA, right? I think I contacted you offline about a system a little while back. I'm just South of the Atlanta airport, and would love to help, but I don't have Stage 1, and only stock exhaust, and I am kind of holding my money close for right this second.
When I get a chance, I do want to get up there and have you give me some ideas on a setup with oval megaphones exiting in front of the rear wheels.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 16 Mar 2004, 11:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Looks great scott,will call later this week.
Old 16 Mar 2004, 12:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yes, that's my PT with Scott's 3.0" SS DP and Cat mated up to the 2.5" Mopar/Borla.

The fitment is perfect, and you can see from the pictures that Scott's workmanship is excellent. To mate the DP to the Borla system, all you have to do is cut about 4 inches off the Borla central pipe - removing the 2.25" bottleneck. I don't know why this wouldn't work the same with any 2.5" system. The installation is simple and the DP bolts are easy to get to with the car elevated with ramps. The only tool needed to remove and install the DP bolts at the flange is a normal 13mm wrench.

I already had the Borla system on my car, and the performance change with the DP is about another increment equal to the addition of the Borla system. It feels very strong on my otherwise stock GT. It also seems to have improved as I've driven it a little more. Does the computer really learn that there's a difference and adjust??? The first thing I noticed was that the exhaust note is a little louder - indicating to me that the restriction has been reduced with the addition of the DP and 3" Cat. It's still quiet enough for those who prefer comfort like myself.

I highly recommend Scott and his DP whether or not you have the stage upgrades. I also highly recommend the 2.5" Mopar/Borla dual outlet system. It's an incredibly well designed and executed system.

JohnM

Old 16 Mar 2004, 01:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Wow, that looks like a great piece. I would bet that even a non-S1 or S2 PT would benefit from that. Can't wait to see dyno results.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 16 Mar 2004, 04:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've posted before that 3" DP do work.

Just one thing though, the PCM does not monitor anything after the turbo, so it's not adjusting anything, the benefits come from the unrestricted flow of gases.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 16 Mar 2004, 04:39 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I expect to see 5-7 hp just from the cat when connected to a 2.5 inch exhaust. That's typical of what we see on the SRT's.