PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo Upgrade Feeler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Apr 2004, 09:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to mike@psifimotorsports
Default Turbo Upgrade Feeler

So, I have been contacted by a very nice fellow, who frequents these forums, about doing a turbo upgrade package for the GT Cruiser. Currently we are retailing a kit for the SRT-4 that has 11k daily driven miles on it and 20+ hours of non-stop driving time. This kit, combined with a pair of slicks, was good for 11.99@113mph without changing anything from street to track besides the tires. We have since upgraded the car with our FMIC and have already seen 118 traps. Next weekend we are trying out some new injectors and a 25psi tune. Should be interesting.

I guess what I really want to know is what kind of interest there would be in a package like this? We also retail our own piggy back computer that, combined with an adjustable wastegate, MBC and 3" exhaust, has netted us about 290whp on a customers car.

Nothing like waking up the big 'ol V8's with your PT Cruiser.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 09:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to dfunkdj

Sign me up. I would like to get my Pt to over 300hp to wake up some of the v8's out there. I drive it everyday and race it on a 1/8 or 1/4 mile strips that are local.

Don
Stage 1, Greddy blow off valve, AGP WGA, Custom open dual exhaust, Denso plugs, Xtremeboost upcharge pipe, AMX intake pipe, Ramair hoods hood, Apc ground effects kit, lowerd 3\", Turbo xs MBC, auto meter double gauge pod, and 2 more gauge mountd on sterring wheel {oil psi and temp, boost, water temp}
apc 2nd gen tail lights, more to come soon
Tampabay Pt Cruisers</b></font id=\"orange\">
Old 28 Apr 2004, 10:52 pm
Young Cruiser

Interested! Lot of us here want to get to that magical 300whp. If the kit is tested ,reliable, and priced right, I don't see why you wouldn't have buyers knocking on your door.

Here are few reasons why you should consider making a kit for GT Cruiser: - Both SRT-4 and GT Cruisr have same engine with minor diff. Less R&D for you guys to make one for us.
- Since we are only getting Mopar Stage 2 kit @ 260 hp ( no Stage 3 for us), your turbo upgrade kit might be the next logical step up. Another choice might be to adapt Mopar S3 kit from SRT-4.

I am getting tired of waiting for S2 kit and not into buying components seperately and testing it myself. I want to see your kit on the GT Cruiser with a dyno # to prove we can safely push 300 rwhp.

Please provide us with more info, including what price range we are talking about.
Old 28 Apr 2004, 11:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Piggyback? Really? Details...

14.67 @ 94.5 &lt;--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 28 Apr 2004, 11:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That's a big iffy especially with regards to Mopar computers.
makes me nervous...but what info you have on the piggyback PCM?

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 29 Apr 2004, 03:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to mike@psifimotorsports

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

That's a big iffy especially with regards to Mopar computers.
makes me nervous...but what info you have on the piggyback PCM?
We have our piggyback running on a large number of SRT's right now and they haven't had a problem to date. Most of the guys making big power, including Steve Anderson who was featured in Modified Magazine at over 500whp, are using our engine management. Like I said before, we work very hard to make sure things work.

What we will probably do is look for someone in our area, Southern NJ, that wants to swing by and let us take a look at the engine bay. If anyone is interested, please let me know.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 06:49 am
Cool Cruiser

You won't find as high of interest in the PT crowd as the SRT4 crowd but I think there is some interest.

Speaking for myself I would rather see a maxed out version of Stage 2 rather than having to replace the turbo. We won't be able to get the toys portion so if you could come up with similar power increases (280 HP, 300 #'s torque) I would be interested. Also our trannies are not as strong as the SRT4's and going past 300 HP is just asking for trouble as far as repairs are concerned (axles, cluthes, trannies).

My reason for not going with the larger turbo comes from a statement 3BarBoost made a few months back. He said they (DCX) had been doing some testing with the S3 kit and the larger turbo did not really start pulling to 80 MPH. Most of us rarely drive that fast and its more important to me to blow the doors off someone between stop lights or when passing at 60 MPH.

Please keep us informed[^]

Deen

GT, 5-Spd, K&N filter, Stage I, AGP 3147 Big Turbo, DTEC Fuel Kit, Tial WGA, Greddy Profec EBC, DCR 55mm TB, 05 Plastic Manifold, 180 Deg. Stat, CCA FMIC, AMX hard-pipes, Water-Injection, STS shifter, Needswings 3\" DP w/dump and Borla Cat-back, BG Drop Springs, Eibach Sway Bars, Panther alloys & Eagle F1 Max-Performance Tires. Best run to date...12.93 @113.45MPH.
77 Blown Vette-runs 10\'s @ 136 MPH.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 11:31 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mike@psifimotorsports

So, I have been contacted by a very nice fellow, who frequents these forums, about doing a turbo upgrade package for the GT Cruiser. Currently we are retailing a kit for the SRT-4 that has 11k daily driven miles on it and 20+ hours of non-stop driving time. This kit, combined with a pair of slicks, was good for 11.99@113mph without changing anything from street to track besides the tires. We have since upgraded the car with our FMIC and have already seen 118 traps. Next weekend we are trying out some new injectors and a 25psi tune. Should be interesting.

I guess what I really want to know is what kind of interest there would be in a package like this? We also retail our own piggy back computer that, combined with an adjustable wastegate, MBC and 3" exhaust, has netted us about 290whp on a customers car.

Nothing like waking up the big 'ol V8's with your PT Cruiser.
PLEASE NOTE; hyracer does not speak for me!

I've read a lot of your stuff on the SRT Forum, and i sent you an e-mail the other day as well about the Power Paq, wondering if it could be adapted to the PT GT. I am *very* interested in something like this!
Can you give us an idea of what this kit is retailing for for the SRT-4?

The only thing that hyracer says that I agree with is the tranny part.I believe the vast majority of us are running the AutoStick, but contrary to popular belief, I believe it will handle 300HP with no problems *if* you take care of it properly, including running full-synthetic in it.
One other thing to consider that would need to be in the kit is a Boost Guage for those that have little or no mods and want a ready-made full kit right out of the box! We were damned by DCX and didn't get one.

Mike - If you guys come up with a kit that has some real punch, and doesn't require voodoo dust to get it to work, I'll give you my first-born.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 29 Apr 2004, 11:39 am
Regular Cruiser

Mike,

Well You can't have my first born but you can take a look at my baby. I live in NJ and would be willing to drive south so you can take a look.

I sent you an email.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 06:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

There's hope after all! [:X] Count me in![?]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer