PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
who would like a larger FMIC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 May 2004, 12:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift
Default who would like a larger FMIC?

i will be testing a larger hand made FMIC soon and i wanted to know if anyone else would be interested in this product. pricing hasn't been set in stone yet but i know it will be a deal. on the srt4 neon they saw a 40degree drop in temp at the throttle body over the stock cooler. COOLER AIR MEANS MORE POWER I LIKE POWER!!!!!!

sorry i got carried away with myself.

thanks just looking for some feedback
tommy
Old 06 May 2004, 01:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

it'll fit?

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 06 May 2004, 02:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

Bigger would be nice, but these things usually cost a pant-load, and installation is a b***h. If it's reasonable and a bolt-on, I would be interested, but wouldn't we need a larger lower grill opening?

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 06 May 2004, 03:51 pm
Cool Cruiser

tthrift,

Let us know how it goes, Hector (exhaust depot) made a post about it and said you would be the test subject.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 06 May 2004, 11:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TripleJackInGA

Bigger would be nice, but these things usually cost a pant-load, and installation is a b***h. If it's reasonable and a bolt-on, I would be interested, but wouldn't we need a larger lower grill opening?

[|)] I agree, where would we put it and have it actually see more air? I am still for it though!
Old 09 May 2004, 08:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

The FMIC will be taller and also thicker than the factory one. The grill is plenty to get enough air into it. The srt-4 one runs for 650. The GT will most likely be less being that it will be a smaller core.

THis will be a 100% bolt on piece. On the srt i got 20hp to the wheels with the stock turbo! Mind you this is running 16-17psi!

Yo!

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 18 May 2004, 02:05 pm
Young Cruiser

I would most definitely be interested in a larger intercooler. It would be nice if it was 100% boltin, but that ain't no deal breaker. Keep us apprised!

Harry

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 18 May 2004, 03:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

Interesting!
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 19 May 2004, 10:51 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to RallyDRock

ill buy a stock gt one for $100 when you guys do the switch.
Old 27 May 2004, 03:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Any new news on this???

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....