Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jan 2018, 07:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

I used to work at UPS and I was on the Next-Day and Second-Day sorting belts packing stuff into the route trucks, not so much jamming.

But when I was at Home Depot, it amazes me how our vendors would use UPS to ship vitreous china items (sinks, toilets, etc.). I don't think one ever showed up in 1 piece, but usually hundreds after rolling and tumbling along the sorting belts. And the UPS route driver didn't care that they were delivering a box of broken chunks of china, they just leave it by the door and let the recipient deal with it.

And putting any kind of special instructions (fragile, handle with care, etc) on a package is a sure sign for someone to test just how careful that item is packed when they drop kick it across the facility.

FEDEX does a much better job.
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
157k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 19 Jan 2018, 10:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Carry the OPTIMA 34R at a competitive price
rockandroller likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
157k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 19 Jan 2018, 10:59 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_PB6_TOURING View Post
Care to get a job as a loader at ups? I'm thinking that you would not last very long. Shipping these days is very inexpensive due to speed and full trucks. If your item can't tolerate rolling down the basement steps, pack it better or use a courrier service $$ .

As a side note, when shipping heavy strong items, don't pack the box in news paper or other soft stuff, the heavy item will beat the packing flat and then the box. I've shipped engine crankshafts by rolling them in cardboard like a rug ( 3 to 4 layers ) covering with tape and they arrive just fine.
I probably wouldn't last long, true.

Because I'm not an a-h who will throw someone's box that is clearly marked fragile, and break everything in it.

When I worked at a particular retailer, we would sometimes get large sheets of glass shipped in a box. It was specialty glass, and a 40x60 sheet would retail for over $1000 a sheet, and they came packed 2 sheets to a box. Sometimes we'd get these kids who thought it was "cool" to unload the truck as fast as possible and they'd bust the glass. They got ONE time. Second time they did it, they were FIRED.

People make lots of excuses. At the end of the day, though, you should be accountable for what you do wrong, no matter the reason you did it.
#1: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth in Rosso RED (MAD FIAT)
#2: 2003 PT Cruiser GT in Boring Beige