Advertisements
RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2018, 01:59 pm
Regular Cruiser

Smile RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

If you drive a 30+ year old car, waiting to replace the battery until it is eight years old and can barely spin the starter risks leaving you stranded. With a modern vehicle, a dying battery also may accelerate wear on an electrical/charging system that is already working overtime to cope with numerous computers, multiple fuel injectors per cylinder, entertainment systems, heated seats, electric power steering and/or other electronics. Do you really want that kind stranger to jump-start your computer-laden 2013 Dodge Durango with her trusty 1980 Ford Bronco? Replacing the battery should be routine preventative maintenance instead of exciting crisis management.

RockAuto now offers ACDelco, Deka, Exide and Motorcraft AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries! 4X4 enthusiasts and racing teams have long relied on AGM batteries to withstand extreme vibrations off-road and on the track. AGM batteries are now an affordable, dependable, durable and safer battery for daily-drivers as well. A leaking traditional flooded lead-acid battery could always cause damage under the hood. Many newer cars have the battery mounted in the trunk (boot) or interior where leaks can create a whole new set of problems.

Lasting up to twice as long as a comparable flooded lead-acid battery, you can be assured you will get great value from your AGM battery - especially at RockAuto's reliably low prices!

To see the Battery options we have for your specific vehicle, go to the RockAuto catalog and click on the "Electrical" category. Order a replacement AGM battery today and avoid getting stranded out in the cold. (AGM batteries are extremely heat tolerant as well!)
Old 15 Jan 2018, 02:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

None listed for my PT.
rob302 likes this.
Old 15 Jan 2018, 02:59 pm
Veteran Cruiser

similarly there are no batteries listed for me either..

Capture.JPG

i did find the batteries in a non vehicle specific category. i was a bit shocked to not find a single group 58 battery as all 1979 to 2010 mustangs use the exact same battery. not a single battery to fit 31 years worth of one of the most popular cars on the road. assuming it's a mistake and they're still rolling this out?
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

Last edited by rob302; 15 Jan 2018 at 03:09 pm.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 09:13 am
Veteran Cruiser

YIKES! Just for the fun of it, I clicked on a 1970 Dodge Dart with a 318,(I used to have one). For those prices, I'd just buy a battery locally.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 09:16 am
Regular Cruiser

Please ensure you are comparing the same AGM battery as opposed to a lead-acid battery. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuzz View Post
YIKES! Just for the fun of it, I clicked on a 1970 Dodge Dart with a 318,(I used to have one). For those prices, I'd just buy a battery locally.

Last edited by RockAuto; 16 Jan 2018 at 09:24 am.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 01:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAuto View Post
Please ensure you are comparing the same AGM battery as opposed to a lead-acid battery. Thank you.
For my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500, RockAuto did actually have two batteries to select from. Both were AGM. The less expensive of the two was the Exide Edge AGM Group 65,

Here's a comparison of price and features with Advance Auto:

**RockAuto**
EXIDE EDGE FLAT-PLATE AGM - CCA: 750; BCI Group : 65
4-year pro-rated warranty
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....413414&jsn=428

Battery $147.79
5% Discount -$7.39
Shipping $10.99
No Core Exchange
No Sales Tax

TOTAL $151.39

**Advance** (I own this battery)
AutoCraft (Johnson Control) Platinum AGM Battery, Group Size 65, 750 CCA
3-year warranty (full replacement, no pro-rate)
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...agm/10310830-P

Battery $191.99
Online Discount -$50.00 (code HXDCBX)
Core Exchange (made during pickup at store)
Sales Tax $14.76

TOTAL $156.75

So at least for a Dodge truck, RockAuto is going to be around $5.00 cheaper at this time. You also get an extra year on the warranty. But considering that Exide pro-rates, I'm not sure if that's better or not. Also, I wonder who picks up the return shipping should the warranty be needed.

I'm glad RockAuto is getting into the battery market and anticipate great things to come.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 16 Jan 2018 at 02:04 pm.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 02:45 pm
Young Cruiser

One wonders how they'll keep UPS/FedEx/USPS drivers from simply flipping the boxes upside down. These clowns do it on purpose.

EDIT: Apparently AGM batteries are spill-proof? I'd still bet that most delivery guys would test that to the limit.
Handy_Cruiser and rob302 like this.
#1: 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth in Rosso RED (MAD FIAT)
#2: 2003 PT Cruiser GT in Boring Beige
Old 16 Jan 2018, 03:48 pm
Veteran Cruiser

i worked at ups as a loader/unloader. they teach you imagine playing tetris when loading a trailer. if the box fits better sideways, it goes in sideways i'd try to keep the arrows the right way if i noticed them. speed is more important than looking for up arrows though. a sideways box would not get me in touble, but being too slow and holding up the conveyer would get me fired.

they want stuff loaded like this, and quickly

if the chute running to your truck backs up, the conveyor gets jammed things start crushing other things, boxes start falling off, people get fired. when a truck is getting unloaded by 2 kids trying to be quick, and in the odd circumstance that most is being sorted to you, you have a whole lot of tetris to play in a very short time. things get loaded sideways, feet go through boxes trying to fit stuff where you misjudged their size by an inch, all hell breaks loose. (and it's fun)

Last edited by rob302; 16 Jan 2018 at 04:10 pm.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 04:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwyne View Post
One wonders how they'll keep UPS/FedEx/USPS drivers from simply flipping the boxes upside down. These clowns do it on purpose.

EDIT: Apparently AGM batteries are spill-proof? I'd still bet that most delivery guys would test that to the limit.
Among the saxophonist crowed, UPS is know as the "Destroyer of Horns".

FedEx and USPS do a lot better. To be exact, USPS (the Post Office) is likely the best for shipping saxophones as long as you mark the box as fragile on all sides. They'd likely be my choice for car batteries as well.

Last edited by Handy_Cruiser; 16 Jan 2018 at 04:24 pm.
Old 16 Jan 2018, 06:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwyne View Post
These clowns do it on purpose.

Care to get a job as a loader at ups? I'm thinking that you would not last very long. Shipping these days is very inexpensive due to speed and full trucks. If your item can't tolerate rolling down the basement steps, pack it better or use a courrier service $$ .

As a side note, when shipping heavy strong items, don't pack the box in news paper or other soft stuff, the heavy item will beat the packing flat and then the box. I've shipped engine crankshafts by rolling them in cardboard like a rug ( 3 to 4 layers ) covering with tape and they arrive just fine.