Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Marketplace > Vendors & Buyers Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
selling on E Bay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2004, 08:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default selling on E Bay

I had another idea which was to open a Detail shop on E Bay. Many of my customers say its a great idea. What if I had the pay pal thing set up on e bay, and left my web site the way it is. Then people that wanted to pay pal could go to the e bay store. It would be less of a headache if I didn't have to change my web site. already cost me lots of cash to set up. advice welcome. Gary
Old 02 Nov 2004, 09:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Gary,

I buy a ton of stuff on eBay, but do they have a store? I thought eBay was for auctions and people bid on almost anything. Are your customers willing to bid on your products?

Anyway, if eBay does have a "store" then forget I ever mentioned the above.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Nov 2004, 12:35 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

Yup, you can have an Ebay store. You don't necessarily have to auction stuff. Anyway, I'm and Ebay-aholic with a Paypal account. Gary, go for it! I'll definately buy your stuff on Ebay (like I wasn't planning to anyway)! Good Luck!
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 03 Nov 2004, 09:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Gary, that would be a very wise thing to do, a lot of small companies (especially performance car shops) use Ebay as a place to attract business worldwide and to market their products without having to do a lot of advertising. It will probably cost you some money to open up a shop, just like paying for web space.
Old 03 Nov 2004, 09:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

The only thing though is, your website already allows you to place orders. Your website is available worldwide, I would think. You could just make your website available to search engines, which is free to do. If you had an Ebay store, you would have to pay additional costs. Plus another site to maintain.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 05 Nov 2004, 12:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

Also, would you run into a problem with offering the PT forum discounts that you are famous for?

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 08 Nov 2004, 04:25 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I'll do some research and let you all know what I find out. The main reason I was thinking about it was for Pay Pal, I found out it would be too complicated and costly to add it my site. So far mostly the Canadian Buyers have expressed in pay pal. I thought if I had an e bay store I could get around it. I guess its no easy solution. Gary
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 11 Nov 2004, 04:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Of course, every website is available worldwide, but would somebody in England be more likely to type in www.perfectautofinish.com or www.ebay.com? It's a good way to market your products Gary, they have different options that you can do, they cost money yes, but you can be one of the first things consumers see when they enter E-bay. You can adjust the prices for the PT Cruiser discounts after the sale.
Old 13 Nov 2004, 10:15 am
Senior Cruiser

Can't you just add paypal to your web site?Not sure how that works.
but I think it's a great idea.I don't know if my wife will like
it.I'd buy a lot more stuff,the money order thing slows me down.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)