PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Newbie here from RI w/ lots of pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Aug 2010, 09:39 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Newbie here from RI w/ lots of pics

Hi All-

Ok....I will be honest with you all.

PT Cruisers were not on my list of cars to buy, nor own.

Well here we are, I now have one. I received a call from my Aunt a week ago that she was at the dealership and buying a 2010 PT. She said, they are only offering me $2k for a trade in on my 03' are you interested in buying it for the $2k.

My aunt only maintains her cars through Chrysler, and it is only her and my uncle so the car doesn't see much use.

I went over to check it out again with my wife (She doesn't much love them either) and when I got there I really looked it over this time. The odometer only read 86k on it, there wasn't a spec of rust either. The interior was dirty but clean if you know what I mean.

I stepped back, looked at it as a diamond in the rough per say. I said ok, deal. We took it home and I went to town detailing it. The PT is now growing on my wife and I. We are not "In Love" yet, but I think if I can find the right set of wheels for it I will enjoy it a bit more.....oh and maybe the rear spoiler.

Anyway...here is our New To Us 03' PT with 86k. I think we got an awesome deal.

Here it is as in received condition:

GROSS DIRT!

And now for some ALL CLEAN pics!

Also painted the bumpers black today. MUCH better!

and if this link works for you, a before/after shot. The paint looks so much deeper and the bumpers now being black make a HUGE difference.

http://w53.photobucket.com/pbwidget....2Faf262d77.pbw

Anyway....enough for now.....I will be checking out the site and have already found it useful for our A/C issue being caused by the fan.

Thanks!!
Old 01 Aug 2010, 09:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Newbie here from RI w/ lots of pics

Welcome to the forums and the PT world. Be careful because once the mod bug bites you'll be hooked!! By the looks of it, it's already got a hold of you.
Old 01 Aug 2010, 10:05 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome aboard! Amazing what a little elbow grease can do. I have always liked that shade of blue. Have fun with it......
Old 01 Aug 2010, 10:26 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperGeorge View Post
Welcome to the forums and the PT world. Be careful because once the mod bug bites you'll be hooked!! By the looks of it, it's already got a hold of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by War_Eagle View Post
Welcome aboard! Amazing what a little elbow grease can do. I have always liked that shade of blue. Have fun with it......
Thanks guys!

Yes I have a very serious problem of NOT being able to leave things alone.

I also have a 98' S10 which is my Daily Driver and of course modded a bit with a 3"/4" drop, wheels, cowl hood, etc etc.

I have a 88 Mustang GT, yep modding away.

I also have a 86 Mercury Capri 5.0 TTop 5spd that I am rebuilding and modding.

I don't want the bug to hit me with this too....LOL

Actually, I don't like TOO much done to these cars as I don't want it to look like I hit the accessory rack at Autozone, but some wheels and maybe a wing would do me over nicely.

Thanks again for the warm welcomes.
Old 02 Aug 2010, 03:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have more miles on my '05!
Plan on getting timing belt done at 100,00 miles - not cheap....
If it was maintained well, you should get a lotta miles out of it.
I think you got a bargain!
Just look a a used car lot and see what $2K gets you.....
The fact that she bought another PT oughta tell you something about these cars....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles

Last edited by quicksilverdon; 02 Aug 2010 at 03:15 pm.
Old 02 Aug 2010, 05:44 pm
Senior Cruiser

I noticed some big nasty bird poop on your back passenger window and than you must have cleaned it off. Welcome to the forum, the PT is a fun car to mod.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 02 Aug 2010, 07:08 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I have more miles on my '05!
Plan on getting timing belt done at 100,00 miles - not cheap....
If it was maintained well, you should get a lotta miles out of it.
I think you got a bargain!
Just look a a used car lot and see what $2K gets you.....
The fact that she bought another PT oughta tell you something about these cars....
I agree, $2k gets you absolute junk. I already have my eyes on a set of 17" wheels.....sigh.....please stop me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
I noticed some big nasty bird poop on your back passenger window and than you must have cleaned it off. Welcome to the forum, the PT is a fun car to mod.

LOL I will tell my Aunt that you said that!
She is a BIG Patriot fan, and when she found out the PT was "Patriot" blue she was sold...LOL

I hate stickers, I told her that was the first thing coming off. My wife would love to put sticker on the rear windows but knows I will be right behind her with a razor blade. LOL
Sometimes I even debadge my cars.....but this one can stay this way for now.

Thanks again for the welcomes!
Old 03 Aug 2010, 09:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well I took the 9006 HID Kit out of our suburban before I sold it over the weekend and my wife nagged me to get them into the PT, she just loves them since I put them in the suburban. They are working great in the PT too.

If anyone is ever looking I have had great luck with www.ddmtuning.com. They have a lifetime warranty on the bulbs and ballasts too. I am using their 55w Kit with the 6000k color temp. Nice Nice.
Old 04 Aug 2010, 08:13 am
Young Cruiser

Aunt gave you a good deal. God bless her.
Don't go too crazy with bolt-ons.. Keep it reliable, Start saving for the timing belt change. You will need it before you know it. D

P.S. Nice job with the engine bay, looks new/ish...very nice
You could easily put the car up for sale at this very moment and get at least twice $2k.. especially if you have all of the chrysler service records.
Remember.. they're not going to make these cars anymore
Old 04 Aug 2010, 08:17 am
Regular Cruiser

Yeah...we do need to keep it reliable so I won't be doing anything outside of a couple cosmetics. The timing belt will just be the cost of parts as I will do it myself. I am far from a pro but not afraid to dig in either.

Ordered a new fan assembly for the A/C overpressure issue on Monday and it was on my doorstep yesterday...WOW....talk about quick service!!

Guess I know what Saturday morning will bring...lol