PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Apr 2011, 01:24 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default newbie

Hello everyone,

new PT owner (at least it's new to me). I just purchased a white '07 and I'm still trying to learn about it. I in the northwest corner of Louisisana. I wanted to stop in and say hello, and ask a question or two.

I haven't actually taken possesion of it yet, as it had a seat belt sensor problem that was triggering an air bag light. They're getting that fixed up, and hopefully I can pick it up on Monday.

Below are a couple of pics that I stole off of the delaerships' website.

I've got a question for those of you who've been owners for awhile. I noticed when I test drove the car that the temp, distance to empty reading, etc was displaying metric units. Does this metric setting also affect the odometer? I know that on my Dodge Ram when I change over to metric units it'll affect the odometer too, was curious if this was the case with the PT as well. (if so It's got about 30K miles on it less than I thought that it did.

thanks

Exco
Old 03 Apr 2011, 02:20 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: newbie

welcome to the forum and from Virginia,youll have fun here and learn a lot about your cruiser here also
Old 03 Apr 2011, 02:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: newbie

Welcome excoastie, spent 10 years 1959-1969 in the USCG. Hopefully you have a owners manual in the car. It will or a dealer will tell you how to reset it to non Metric.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 03 Apr 2011, 02:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. I have an earlier model but I've seen the 06+ owners talking about a setting on the instrument panel that changes everything from metric to imperial (USA) settings. Hopefully someone will come along and tell you where and how to change it.

Exco, I take it that means EX-Coast Guard. Thanks for your service I do a little inland waterways coast patrol myself for the Sheriff's office on weekends.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 03 Apr 2011 at 03:12 pm.
Old 03 Apr 2011, 03:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

thanks everyone. I figured I could figure out how to change it back to standard once I actually took possession of the car, just didn't really have time to play with it while test driving.

Hooligan..

I spent a 4 yrs active duty... a lil over 2 yrs on UCGC Tamroa until decomissioning, then a little over a year at Station New London, the rest was taken up with A school and boot. I had a good time while I was in, but got tired of the Clinton erra BS with too many good people getting kicked out due to Clinton's RIF program

Exco

Bill
Old 03 Apr 2011, 05:07 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: newbie

Excoastie i have an 2006 and you can change over the imperial (USA) settings
but you have to put the gear selector in park then you can toggle thru the personnel settings and set it up the way you want.i don't think it has any affect on the odometer
Old 03 Apr 2011, 05:33 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

welcome to the forum. I'm Danny, my PT is Eve and we say hello from san Antonio.
thats a nice touring edition your looking at. As for your metric problem, there's a button to the right of the display
press it till you see personal settings. Once there hold the button down. It'll allow you to change what you need. It even allows you to open certain door when you unlock the doors with the key fob.
If you need any help with taking apart the dash, taking out the cluster, the passenger side airbag, or the radio, let me know, i've done it all, many times. lol
Old 03 Apr 2011, 05:53 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome from South Carolina.
Old 03 Apr 2011, 07:14 pm
Regular Cruiser

ok thanks everyone, it sounds like the display is a lot like the EVIC (electronic vehicle information) gizmo I have on my '10 Ram. I'm hoping to pick it up tomorrow, so I'll give it a go. I didn't figure it wold be too hard to change the settings back.

I've been looking around for stuff to add to the new ride. I already know that I'm going to be adding some interior lighting, most likely LEDs. I suspect that the cargo section will be a little dark for my liking without a little "help" from additional lights.

I've also been kicking around the idea of some accent lighting in the front, but will have to drive it for a few days in the dark before I decide what I want to do and where I want to put what type of lights. I am a licensed electrician, so I don't foresee any troubles with wiring everything up, and I've been playing with automotive electrical systems for years (adding extra lights one of my obsessions LOL).

Thanks again everyone. I'll be adding pics and/or starting a build thread as I complete a project. I'm a firm believer in "without pics it didn't happen" (an unwirtten rule on my the Ram forum that I frequent) so there will be lots of those.

Exco

Bill
Old 03 Apr 2011, 08:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX

Man seeing the 2nd generation PTs and their features...I kinda want one lol.