PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hello from Deland, FL!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Sep 2013, 02:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Hello from Deland, FL!

Found your forum because I had a problem starting my wife's PT Cruiser (30,000 miles). Learned about how to read codes and how to change spark plugs and wires. All seems good now. Thank you forum!

My wife was gifted this PT from her mom this week, who at 90 and in assisted living, decided it was time to give up driving. I had picked out this car new for her in 2006 as she wanted something smaller than her minivan, 4 doors, automatic, and low priced. I liked PTs when they first came out and it was about the only car that met her needs.

Not much needed in repairs or maintenance. She took it in to the dealer for oil changes covered in her purchase. After the free oil changes ran out, I switched her over to AMSOIL for once a year oil and filter changes.

Recently I ran some AMSOIL Performance Improver in the gas tank as I hadn't done so in a long time. We filled up with some cheap Florida E10 gas and half a tank later we noticed some hesitation and hard starting once. I removed the air filter hose and sprayed in a can of AMSOIL Power Foam directly into the throttle body to clean the air system. It took a few days for the engine icon to turn off. Also replaced the OEM air filter yesterday as it only allowed about 10% sunlight through with a Fram air filter. Still idled a little rough, so today I replaced the spark plugs with NGK IXIRIDIUM PLUG LZTR4AIX-11 NGK2313 and NGK spark plug wires WIRESET RC-CRX047 NGK53019 . Runs good and hope to improve my last fillup of 17 mpg back to my usual 24mpg.

I'm looking forward to learning from the forum, and if anyone would like AMSOIL/NGK/Mother's/Wix/Trico products at wholesale, I'll be glad to help.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 03:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hello from Deland, FL!

Welcome from West Virgina!

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 15 Sep 2013, 04:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome again (saw your post in the vendors section). Your good to go as long as we keep the PT related questions and answers to the upper part of the forum and the selling in the vendors section.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 05:38 pm
Banned

Welcome

Dont be the guy that joins, gets his answer, then never comes on here again (unless there is another problem of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold2006 View Post
Found your forum because I had a problem starting my wife's PT Cruiser (30,000 miles). Learned about how to read codes and how to change spark plugs and wires. All seems good now. Thank you forum!

My wife was gifted this PT from her mom this week, who at 90 and in assisted living, decided it was time to give up driving. I had picked out this car new for her in 2006 as she wanted something smaller than her minivan, 4 doors, automatic, and low priced. I liked PTs when they first came out and it was about the only car that met her needs.

Not much needed in repairs or maintenance. She took it in to the dealer for oil changes covered in her purchase. After the free oil changes ran out, I switched her over to AMSOIL for once a year oil and filter changes.

Recently I ran some AMSOIL Performance Improver in the gas tank as I hadn't done so in a long time. We filled up with some cheap Florida E10 gas and half a tank later we noticed some hesitation and hard starting once. I removed the air filter hose and sprayed in a can of AMSOIL Power Foam directly into the throttle body to clean the air system. It took a few days for the engine icon to turn off. Also replaced the OEM air filter yesterday as it only allowed about 10% sunlight through with a Fram air filter. Still idled a little rough, so today I replaced the spark plugs with NGK IXIRIDIUM PLUG LZTR4AIX-11 NGK2313 and NGK spark plug wires WIRESET RC-CRX047 NGK53019 . Runs good and hope to improve my last fillup of 17 mpg back to my usual 24mpg.

I'm looking forward to learning from the forum, and if anyone would like AMSOIL/NGK/Mother's/Wix/Trico products at wholesale, I'll be glad to help.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 07:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Hello from Deland, FL!

welcome to the forum and from Virginia ,post some pic's of your cruiser
Old 15 Sep 2013, 07:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'll take one tomorrow! How do you post pictures from an I-phone here using a macbook? It looks like this one Redirect Noticehttp://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...1&d=1379294458 Practicing with one of my boat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1003.jpg (79.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Gold2006; 15 Sep 2013 at 08:23 pm.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 08:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold2006 View Post
I'll take one tomorrow! How do you post pictures from an I-phone here?
You don't. The picture has to be on the Internet somewhere. A lot of us have free accounts on web hosting sites like Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing and from there it's easy to take a stored picture and post it into a reply on the forum. Or, if the photo is already on the Internet somewhere, just right click and copy the URL of that picture to transfer it over here.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.