PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New guy on the block!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RVC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Mar 2016, 03:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default New guy on the block!

Good afternoon, all. First post!

I recently purchased my first Cruiser - a 2002 with 104k miles. I'm not sure what I have. It's pretty basic (no cruise control or power locks) but it does have power windows. And it has wood grain on the sides which is in pretty good shape except for tailgate. I'll get a picture on as soon as I can figure out how.

First thing will be a new timing belt and related, and the engine mounts. I'll do both at the same time.

It took quite a while to finally be able to post. While I was waiting I did a lot of searching on the above 2 items for repair and discovered this is a really decent forum. I'm looking forward to being a part although I don't think I'll be able to contribute much for a while. Many questions will follow in the appropriate sub-forums below.

Thanks.

RVC
Gkon likes this.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 03:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: New guy on the block!

Welcome to the forum, RVC. This is the place to be for great advice and help with your PT. The wood grain fading on the back of the woodys is a common thing. You can purchase more and redo it, but why would you is my question? I've owned a couple of vehicles with the fake wood grain on it and that's one of the first things that I do. Remove that crap.

Aspire to inspire before you expire.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 06:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum.
Old 12 Mar 2016, 07:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Welcome from Ontario Canada

Competition's paying the price.

03 PT GT. DSI canned tune, Weight redux, MH Racemaster Slicks/Rota Slipstream 15" 11.72at 116mph 1/4 mile
96 SOHC Neon Turbo
08 CSRT4. Realtune MS1K v1 pcm stg0 NSRT4 Injectors.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 10:05 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the Forum from Sunny, 80 degrees today and rising, Ormond Beach, Fl.

A suggestion on your wood vinyl trim depreciation. If the surrounding plastic wood trim's still in good shape why not go to the new carbon fiber composite look that's all the rage?

It comes either in adhesive sheets or even a carbon fiber pattern that you can spray paint through placed over the surface your painting to give your PT a unique look. It'd be lot cheaper than replacing the vinyl sheeting that'll just deteriorate again. I can see using this pattern and paint process on dashes, hoods, bumpers and any part of a PT that would be upgraded with this new "carbon fiber look"

There's a few videos on the internet showing how that pattern material is used by spray painting through it to create a permanent carbon fiber pattern.

Much cheaper than vinyl and much more lasting.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sunrise 12 22 2011 007.jpg (86.7 KB, 8 views)
Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. PT Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Starfire/Solarus tires, Touring Suspension. Chromed Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles/guards , PRND3-1 Bezel, Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim, 5 piece bumper trim. Cool Vanilla White shift ball, Leather tilt steering wheel, Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry. Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers. Back up Camera, 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 13 Mar 2016 at 01:07 pm. Reason: additional info.
Old 13 Mar 2016, 10:10 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the Woody!
Old 15 Mar 2016, 04:53 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
A suggestion on your wood vinyl trim depreciation. If the surrounding plastic wood trim's still in good shape why not go to the new carbon fiber composite look that's all the rage?

It comes either in adhesive sheets or even a carbon fiber pattern that you can spray paint through placed over the surface your painting to give your PT a unique look. It'd be lot cheaper than replacing the vinyl sheeting that'll just deteriorate again. I can see using this pattern and paint process on dashes, hoods, bumpers and any part of a PT that would be upgraded with this new "carbon fiber look"

There's a few videos on the internet showing how that pattern material is used by spray painting through it to create a permanent carbon fiber pattern.

Much cheaper than vinyl and much more lasting.
Thanks for this. I'll check it out.

RVC
Old 15 Mar 2016, 07:43 am
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. After I hit 45 the woody began to fade a bit too
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.