PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hello from cornwall , uk

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 May 2016, 08:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Hello from cornwall , uk

Welcome to the forum.
moosiemoo likes this.
Old 07 May 2016, 04:40 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
SOOO BIG and I welcome you to the Forum from Ormond Beach, Florida.

You've discovered this "stuff" after your acquisition of Christine. When SOOO BIG was bought I knew his foibles going in and used them as a bargaining chip on his purchase price. Using that "reserve" savings I've made every necessary correction finding the right people, at reasonable prices, to expedite his rise from the ashes to the SOOO BIG he is now.

Everything on Christine's to do list was on his and then some. He's a happy boy now and so am I.

If you went into it reasonably as far as pounds spent, it'll be a rewarding result.

To access the bad water pump you should do the timing belt trick at the same time . Reasonably the whole of that nut shouldn''t be more than the pound equivalent of $700.00. All the other stuff you've mentioned'll be another $500 to $1000. Somethin' worth doin' if affordable, 'cause driving a fine PT is the bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck with Christine.

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Hi,
No, I knew nothing of christine's "problems" before I bought her , but I should have and that's on me . I bought her with my heart and not my head from someone whom I trusted and thought a friend. Not only that but he was the husband of my then boss ! . within 24 hrs of buying her I had no car, no savings and no job ! The police were involved, it was horrid !
I then found out that the car was sat in a scrap yard 3 weeks before I bought her and the MOT she had JUST had was worthless ......heck I didn't even check her paperwork ! how stupid right.
I'm a single working mom so money is always a factor, I can't believe I was so foolish..lol
anyway moving on I am sat waiting for the mechanic who is going to pressure test the engine ( she won't even crank over) and put a diagnostic devise on her so i'll know the full extent of her plight by lunch .
one day she'll hold her own on here she may never scrub up like yours...lol. but she'll run !
Old 07 May 2016, 07:37 am
Senior Cruiser

Sara, your description of Christine leads me to hope you have no more than around 480 pounds or 700 dollars in her as of now. If your initial investment is that or lower I'd say my predicted costs to bring her around would be a viable investment.

If not, you should probably listen to Kenny Rodgers.

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away!"

Either that or make real good friends with your mechanic!

I wish you, Happy Ptin', ptprice
moosiemoo likes this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P250/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats W/ Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers and Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 07 May 2016 at 07:41 am. Reason: addition
Old 07 May 2016, 09:43 am
Fresh Cruiser

Well the mechanic has just left and unfortunately it's very bad news
Gasket blown and water in at least two cylinders ..
That's when he put his tools away

some big decisions to make
Old 07 May 2016, 10:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosiemoo View Post
Well the mechanic has just left and unfortunately it's very bad news
Gasket blown and water in at least two cylinders ..
That's when he put his tools away

some big decisions to make
I feel so sorry for you, that's a tough way to learn a lesson. What even makes it more sour, is you thought you were dealing with a friend, when you purchased it.
moosiemoo likes this.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
150k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 07 May 2016, 12:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Howdy from TN.
moosiemoo likes this.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 05:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Greetings from another Cornwall resident living just outside Redruth. I suspect that this thread is ancient history and the car long gone, but I hope you at least got all your money back Moosiemoo.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 08:23 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by niggle View Post
Greetings from another Cornwall resident living just outside Redruth. I suspect that this thread is ancient history and the car long gone, but I hope you at least got all your money back Moosiemoo.
You might have bought it
Old 21 Oct 2017, 08:30 am
Veteran Cruiser

^^^^ I was thinking the same thing, Sinbad!

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. Thomas Jefferson
Charlie