PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Former and newer PT Owner

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By namvet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2017, 07:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Former and newer PT Owner

Well I had a 2001 Limited Cranberry Pearl PT back in the mid 2000's and gave it to my daughter and husband BECAUSE THEY NEEDED A CAR. IT WAS REALLY NICE, ADDED A BUNCH OF OPTIONS,WON A FEW TROPHIES but THE JACK-LEG SON IN LAW WHO IS NOW GONE DECIDED HE WANTED TO DO MECHANICAL WORK AND BENT ALL THE VALUES ETC, PAINT WAS RUINED, ETC....it ended up in a junk yard...........Now a lady who has a 2009 that we know it has 140K miles, needs a good cleaning, mechanically good, paint has some issues but a good detailing/buffing/wax is needed. and I may get it for $2000......I think a good owner, alot of work, new wheels and tires and accessories it will be a nice 3rd car....wife misses her PT...........NOW where can I get PT accessory catalogs, a set of chrome wheels with baby moon caps, engine dress up and exterior accessories????????????......are there any PT Cruiser clubs around anymore?????????
rckstein and Carnut like this.
Old 29 Aug 2017, 08:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Former and newer PT Owner

Welcome to the forum

Nice to hear that you're looking at getting another PT

The PT you are looking at, has the timing belt work already been done on it? It's way past overdue and if it hasn't been done and with all the other items that should be replaced at the same time, you could expect to spend $900-$1500 for that work. But since you have already owned a PT, you should be familiar with the timing belt work

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
159k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 29 Aug 2017, 08:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Welcome to the forum from Texas.

When I go looking for something, I just troll the interwebs. Places like ebay and amazon.

2001 LE, auto, billet grille, tall shifter, polished aluminum spare, K&N filter and Hedman hedder. Why a header? Because it makes me happy!

Old 29 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome from Michigan and a newbie! Just google what your looking for and plenty of stuff shows up, though, 01 thru 05 seems to be the most popular there is still plenty of stuff for the later models.