PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Re-New 05 Deep Lava Red DCS4 PT 5spd in COLORADO

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TopGunRMNP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Nov 2017, 01:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re-New 05 Deep Lava Red DCS4 PT 5spd in COLORADO

Hello all, I am back and found the PT I have been looking for. After having a previous 05 PT GT 5spd. in Plum sold out from under me, I found another in LA, CA flew out from CO and drove it back through the Mojave at 116* and it survived! Loaded to the teeth with 2005 bells and whistles; heated front seats, power driver's seat, locks, windows, 6 disc player, infinity sound, compass & temperature smart glass rear view, etc.

2005 PT Cruiser Dream Cruiser Series 4 Convertible 5spd. Does this mean that I have the limited run "Deep Lava Red" paint and not the Plum Purple like I thought? What are the different paint codes?

This beauty has almost 135k on it, 5spd is good except I believe I have a clutch/brake fluid issue I need to address. When shifting at high rpm and engine hot I lose all clutch feel and cannot shift out of gear until the rpm's come down then I can shift again and clutch feel comes back.

Upgrades since the purchase in August of this year: Beautiful 5-spoke wheels, muffler delete, DSP tune and black-housing headlights that really clean up the look IMO.

I live up in beautiful Estes Park, CO and would love to go on a cruise with you all nearby sometime! I turn 30 next week and finally have come to terms with my desire for comfort. After owning a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 in beautiful E-Blue since 2008 and driving it to 200k miles it was time for an "upgrade."
I wanted to retain the same/similar drive-train I have grown to love in a more comfortable design, and one with a top that comes down to enjoy the breathtaking Colorado views. I love this car!

rckstein and Carnut like this.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 02:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Re-New 05 Deep Lava Red DCS4 PT 5spd in COLORADO

That's a beauty

You can get a copy of the Build Sheet for your "new to you" PT from this website:

https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html

In the left-hand column, under YOUR VEHICLE, click on Equipment Listing, then on the next page that loads, in the white box in the center of the page enter the VIN then click on the red Search box.

'06 Touring Edition NA Automatic
157k Miles / Electric Blue Pearl
USMC '82 - '93
Old 22 Nov 2017, 02:55 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Great looking whip, man. That's about the same color as my 2017 Forte. Mine is called garnet red.

Farts are just ghosts of the things we eat.
Old 22 Nov 2017, 03:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

I honestly don't see how they call that 'Red' anything, but, it does look great!

Welcome to the forum from Pontiac, MI!