PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > PTCruiserLinks.com > Welcome New PT Cruiser Members

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Back in a PT GT Cruiser

Like Tree16Likes
  • 9 Post By Happy
  • 1 Post By soonercruiser
  • 1 Post By raeder
  • 3 Post By Happy
  • 1 Post By thecabinguy
  • 1 Post By Happy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Oct 2020, 05:33 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Back in a PT GT Cruiser

I was on the forum a couple of years ago but my last pt was totaled. I found an 03 GT Cruiser with some hail damage and a bad throttle sensor for 800.00 bucks .New sensor,oil change and a tune up the GT runs very well. Its loaded on the interior and everything works,windows,ac, heated seats etc. I think its worth saving and driving. I'm glad to have this as my fun car.I'll post pics soon.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 06:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Back in a PT GT Cruiser

Welcome Back to the PT World.
About 5 years ago, I was gone for 3 years doing the Dodge Challenger scene.
I've been back now 2 years!
Handy_Cruiser likes this.

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 18 Nov 2020, 02:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a good score on that PT.
Old 18 Nov 2020, 07:47 pm
Young Cruiser

Some knucklehead in a newer Mustang GT ask why I put GT on my Cruiser and I told him it meant "GOT TURBO". He busted out laughing until I spanked his arse out of the hole. I had him a by car length. My GT Cruiser performs very well. He barely went by but could not shake me loose. I'm having way to much fun in this little GT Cruiser.
Old 19 Nov 2020, 05:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Sounds like quite the GT. Sounds like you have a winner there. I had two PTs at the same time. However, three months ago my '05 Touring was totaled after hitting a deer at 65 mph. Luckily, still have my '02 Limited so I'm still in the game!
Prescott, Arizona, home of forested mountains, 5 lakes (well, four lakes and one big pond), and Arizona's Christmas City (my home 6,000 feet elevation) - 2005 Touring & 2002 Limited - both patriot blue & factory stock
Old 19 Nov 2020, 08:05 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Some knucklehead in a newer Mustang GT ask why I put GT on my Cruiser and I told him it meant "GOT TURBO". He busted out laughing until I spanked his arse out of the hole. I had him a by car length. My GT Cruiser performs very well. He barely went by but could not shake me loose. I'm having way to much fun in this little GT Cruiser.
Hmmm... ... ... I thought "GT" meant "Good Time"! Lol
Old 19 Nov 2020, 08:52 pm
Regular Cruiser

Same here! ... I'd like to say "HELLO AGAIN" to all of my fellow PT Lovers! ... It's gr8 2 b back! ... ... ...
My last post was 11/9/2017. I traded "E.T." for an SC400
Back in 2017. Since then, I jumped on the Audi band wagon, and I've been "Car Sick" ever since! I just couldn't seem to find a vehicle that I enjoyed to play with more than the PT...
A few weeks ago, my oldest boy (17) spun a rod bearing in his truck. (90' 1/2 ton SBC). So we decided to look for a cheap vehicle for him to drive while we rebuild his SBC. What we found was an "03' PT GT 5_Speed" ...
The seller was firm on $1,500 bucks. We decided to go pick it up b4 sum1 else did...lol... 03' steel blue 5_Speed with only 129k miles! Interior is absolutely amazing, besides a bit of left bolster damage to the drivers seat. It's now a 3rd owner vehicle. Has just a few mods like solid motor mounts, Diablo II Tuner, cai, down pipe w/cut-out and cat / muffler delete, and bov. New clutch and axle's. The only mechanical issue we can find is what I believe to be the watts link? ... Its making some racket on bumps. The absolute worst thing we can find is the rusty rockers... Lol... Actually, the rockers are completely gone! But, it was a Northern Indiana car so that's to be expected. We have already put together a long list of mods in cart and ready to order, but we are going to try and make, build, or modify things ourselves as much as possible to keep the cost to a minimum, and for originality... I'm glad to be back!... My boy's and I are as "Giddy" as a school girl with a new doll...lol!!!
Old 22 Nov 2020, 10:34 pm
Young Cruiser

I met an older gentleman who starts talking about MY PT at the gas station and he asked me if I might be interested in another PT....its an 03' GT with 43,000 miles on it. I bought it for 3500.00. Its black with black leather,loaded and two sets of wheels, stock and a set of 18" Torque Thrust gray spokes w/T/A sticky tires.
He explained to me that he purchased a new Challenger GT(awd) and didn't need his PT any longer. I feel pretty lucky getting this low mile GT. My blue GT for daily driving and I hope the virus will calm down so we can start showing next summer.
Its pretty quick but even better is the handling. If I could figure how to readjust my camera for pics on this forum I'll get them posted as soon as I can.
soonercruiser likes this.
Old 23 Nov 2020, 02:30 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wow!
Nice score Happy! I can see why you are happy. .
You too Silver-Sleeper!

Sleeper....I went thru 2 Dodge Challengers, including my heavily modded Green with Envy SRT8 HEMI.
And now, I am back to my Cruiser!

2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!