Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > Regional Forums > Western PT Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need help finding dealer/installer SC / Turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2005, 04:58 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Need help finding dealer/installer SC / Turbo

Hey guys, I need some help. I am investing some big $$$ into buying a supercharger/turbo + installation.
My question is, which do you guys think is the best/most reliable supercharger/turbo currently AND is there a place somewhere in CALI that I can get it installed.
I live in the Imperial Valley (less than an hour from Palm Springs) if that helps anyone.
Have any of you in Cali got a supercharger/turbo installed around this area? I have been wanting one so bad for some time but I can't find a respectable place. The only place that says they "might" be able to do it is in a off-road shop next door to where I work (which they would charge an arm and a nut to do). I understand the install price would be pricey... BUT I just want it done "RIGHT" and someone saying "might" doesn't cut the cheese.

Please anyone, throw me some #'s to call.

I was thinking of a JR supercharger because of the price... but is there really a big difference between a JR and other SC's?

Haven't really looked into too much with the turbos besides Hahn (love to have one) from Bob Stockums[?] for around $2,500 w/o install cost (where to install?!). Turbos (as far as I looked) seem a bit more pricier (hoses, intercoolers added price), but maybe someone out there has some more info on them. Who knows, maybe it might be easier to install (maybe even I can do it) than an SC.

I am already committed to buying one and have a seperate savings account for it lol [8]

Someone out there had to have this done already... Thanks guys n gals.
Old 14 Dec 2005, 11:39 am
Fresh Cruiser

Depending on how mechanically inclined you are, the Jackson can be done on your driveway. The Hahn, I've heard, is best left to either Hahn, or Bob Stockum. The tuning required puts it out of most peoples DIY range. That being said, I think the SC is a joke. The gains are ridiculously small and adding more boost is a bitch. The Hahn has infinitely more headroom to grow, as your power needs demand it. Yeah, it's pricier, and more involved, but a better kit and bigger gains than the SC. Just my 2 cents....
Old 15 Dec 2005, 05:34 am
Regular Cruiser

See, that is what I was thinking about for a while was the upgradeability on the hahn (Especially). They have the stageI out which you can just upgrade to a stageII when you are ready. As for a SC (any) you are pretty much stuck with what you got. I heard some problems with leaking oil etc etc from my mechanically inclined friends next door to where I work. I haven't really heard anything except i'd need keep the boost at a safe level for the turbo on hahns or it'd blow the crap outta the engine, then you'd gotta fix the whole thing.

No matter how much I wish and hope to get one... the problem still is where can I get a hahn installed in Cali or Arizona... even Nevada I am near.

I don't know where Bob or Hahn do their installs at (heard Bob works from his home?). But I have heard nothing but great things about the hahn. Bleh, it's left up to what is available nearby however, since I wouldn't have the time to go cross-country for one.

Anyone have any information? Maybe Stockum or Hahn is going to be in Cali sometime? [?]
Old 16 Dec 2005, 07:02 am
Regular Cruiser

Just emailed Bob Stockum for a load full of information. Everyone that I have talked to so far about hahn and PT's has told me that he is the one that could answer most, if not all my questions.

I saw a deal on the Hahn racecraft page for around 2,500$ or a little less I beleive for a Stage I kit w/ 60+ hp gains and ability to upgrade... I did the math and didn't have to think twice about it.

I am officially done Christmas shopping too!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 06:25 pm
Regular Cruiser

Ok good news! It's getting installed between May and June of next year. Anthony (ANT) will be installing it in AZ (closest available install) who Bob Stockum had recommended do the install. Not that far from where I live.

WOOT!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 08:01 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by xyster

Ok good news! It's getting installed between May and June of next year. Anthony (ANT) will be installing it in AZ (closest available install) who Bob Stockum had recommended do the install. Not that far from where I live.

WOOT!
Hey sorry I didn't get back to your e-mail today, have been running around. One thing you DO need to check out is the Hahn kit going in a on a Cali emissions vehicle, as you mentioned. This may be a snag for you. There is a way around it possibly! I will e-mail you tonight or tomorrow with more info.

Thanks,
Anthony
Fully built HRC Turboed 2.4: Wiseco pistons, T2 rods, Port & Polished head (Bob Special) with oversize Stainless Steel valves, #14 Crane Cams, AF/X UDP, No balance shafts, Custom 3\" downpipe, 3\" hi flow exhaust, Ported GT intake manifold, Bored Throttle Body, 30 lb injectors, Water/Alc. injection