Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
20's for my PT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2005, 01:32 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default 20's for my PT?

Hello I was just wondering if 20" will fit on my PT Cruiser and what size tires so they will not rub? Also will i have any problems such as rubbing?
Old 22 Jul 2005, 01:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

Also I did a search on 20's but the information didn't really answer my question if they can fit without rubbing or not. lol
Old 22 Jul 2005, 11:09 am
Cool Cruiser

Try another search. I seem to remember that 19s are the biggest that will fit without changes in front, 20s will fit in the rear. Of course, all of this includes the same disclaimer for wheel/tire fitting (You must get the right offset and tire, and your car may vary). EDit, did a search and found this:
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...erms=20,wheels

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 22 Jul 2005, 11:20 am
Cool Cruiser

i fit 20's on my cruiser 7.5 spacing and a 35 series tire very thin tire but look nice with the air ride
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 22 Jul 2005, 02:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ok I did the search again and found more information. I think I will go with 19's in front and 20's in the rear...but then my other question is what size tires 4 the 19's and 20's and that wont rub? Thanks
Old 27 Jul 2005, 02:52 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to StOnEwHitePt

I have 18's and 20's on my pt with no problems. I have TOYO proxes 4 tires in 245/35/20 and 225/40/18. I've had no problems with the 20's and this size tire, it is perfect. I think you should go 18 instead of 19 in front because it gives the pt an amazing "hot rod" like stance rolling or staying still. Plus its cheaper,Speedo isn't effected at all, and you are guaranteed no problems. My 18x7.5 front rims are really close to the front springs behind the rim. It is like 1/2-3/4 inch(finger size) spacing, this is really close but I have not had any problems with them. So this is why I am skeptical on going 19's in front because of the rubbing and such. That inch or so would make the difference I think. [8D]My $.02
2002 PT Cruiser Touring Edit.(Stone White)(148.2 DB) --Rear match Tinted front windows, 20\"+18\" Limited 800 rims+ Toyo proxes 4 tires;\'20\"\'Chrome DUB badges to clarify, 6000k Polarion HID kit, silverstar foglight bulbs, Carriage Works polished Billet grille, Mopar Chrome fuel door, APC Euro tails + clear reverse lenses+ strobes, headlight strobes, Streetglow G.S UB kit, Ps2,2 Clarion 5.8\" headrest monitors, navigation system, 2 12\" Infinity subs with 1000 Watt Kenwood Amp/custom box., and a Shorty antenna + Chrome base.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 11:02 am
Cool Cruiser

19's will fit w/out any problems, that is if your running a 35 series tire and the right offset wheel. 20's can be run butyour going to have to do your homework on finding the right wheel with the proper offset. Most companies are making 20's that can be run on FWD cars now in 7.5" widths. I'm running 19's all around with air ride suspension and don't rub at all, I was also running 19's with goldline slammer spring before going to air ride with no problems either.
Kevin