Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
wheel vintiques.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2005, 11:01 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default wheel vintiques.com

Any one but me have problems ordering smoothie chrome wheels from Wheel Vinttigues? They have a great web site if you take the time to download their catalog, however no toll free number, and no e-mail adress which is really amazing. I ordered a set of 15" smoothie chrome wheels which come with a set of baby moons to complete the wheel on July 5th. July 21 the wheels arrive but no baby moons. Called them up as they said they sent 5 packages. Well it turns out they shipped 4 packages and the baby moons are on back order. I asked two questions. How could you have the wheels and not the baby moons which go with the package, and when will I get them. Answer number 1 was we are out of them. Answer 2 well maybe 2-3 weeks before we get them and then add a week for shipping. No apology for not having them, no effort to obtain them faster and at least over night them to me. Nothing but we are out and you need to just wait. The wheels are beautiful but the customer service is terrible to say the least. I would not recommend Wheel Vintigues to any PT Cruiser owner looking for soothie chrome wheels. I think what amazes me the most about them is they make a smoothie in chrome and raw and both take the baby moons, so no matter what you order the baby moons are not available.

Old 26 Jul 2005, 03:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Robert,
The least they should have done was contact you and ask if you were willing to wait for the back ordered moons and if so, should they hold the wheels and ship them all together?
Communication is the key here with the customer!
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 26 Jul 2005, 04:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

You are right, and told me if I wanted to hold back the order I could. The problem being they were already delivered.

Robert,
The least they should have done was contact you and ask if you were willing to wait for the back ordered moons and if so, should they hold the wheels and ship them all together?
Communication is the key here with the customer!
[/quote]
Old 27 Jul 2005, 11:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Just a note...
I ordered my chrome smoothies (from Wheel Vintiques) through Revel Enterprise. They also arrived without the baby moons. Called Revel and they were very cooperative and sent the moons as soon as they recieved them (About a week wait) Same price as direct from Wheel Vintiques I think.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 12:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I too ordered my wheels from Revel Enterprise who I can say many good things about. However Wheel Vintigues have not been helpful or shown any kind of customer service. I am sure you are happy with your wheels as from the picture of them they look cool.
Old 27 Jul 2005, 11:26 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Wheel Vintiques makes excellent wheels. The company is not set up to do a direct business with the end user, especially over the Internet. They do not make the baby moons you ordered. A company like Wheel Vintiques has to rely on a supplier for them. If they're out of them and their supplier can't get them any, there is very little that Wheel Vintiques can do for you.

What is interesting to me is that companies like Revel Enterprise, that you ordered the wheels through, are aware of this and don't stock any in their warehouse as a back-up. They just pass the buck. Revel doesn't keep much inventory of anything at all. They are mostly a "middleman" operation. Most of their products are shipped by the company that makes them. If you are upset, you're upset with the wrong people. Revel claims that everything is "in stock" and "ships in 24 hours" on their web site. Obviously this isn't true at all. I also find it very interesting that Revel doesn't list the wheels as coming from Wheel Vintiques. Are they afraid their customers will order the wheels directly from the company?

While you may never do business with Wheel Vintiques again, they do make fantastic wheels and others will continue to order from them. I'm sure that your baby moons will come as soon as Wheel Vintiques can ship them out to you.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 28 Jul 2005, 09:57 am
Fresh Cruiser

I had the same problem, but as Bassett hound said, they do make a good product. Worth the wait
Old 29 Jul 2005, 09:41 am
Fresh Cruiser

I like your name since I own a Basset Hound. You made a few good points, however if Wheel Vintigues can't stock it's own baby moons. Why should Revel stock them? You are correct Revel does advertise it's products are in stock and will ship within 24 hours. BTW I love your PT, nice job.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 01:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

While our company has a policy forbidding posting to web forums, in this case I must make a rare exception in order to clear up some gross inaccuracies…

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Basset Hound

Revel doesn't keep much inventory of anything at all. They are mostly a "middleman" operation. Most of their products are shipped by the company that makes them. …. Revel claims that everything is "in stock" and "ships in 24 hours" on their web site. Obviously this isn't true at all.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. I’m curious as to how you could make such a statement if you’ve never visited our facility. Fact is we keep more than 2 million dollars worth of inventory on hand and we stock more PT Cruiser accessories in our 20,000 square foot warehouse than most of our competitors combined. Over 98% of the PT Cruiser accessories we list on our website are stock items. Plus we plan to build an additional 60,000 square foot warehouse on-site within the next 12 – 18 months. That’s hardly a “middleman” operation.

In fact, we supply most of the PT Cruiser “middleman” operations by either shipping stock orders to their location or by order fulfillment (drop-ship) direct to their customers. There’s a really good chance that if you have aftermarket accessories on your PT Cruiser, at one time or another the parts originated from our warehouse… even if you didn’t purchase directly from us.

Take a look at our “about us” page and you’ll see the more than 100 companies we are warehouse distributors for. Companies such as Lund, AutoVentShade, DeeZee, EGR, TYC-Genera etc. do not sell directly to fly-by-night “middleman” operations. Obviously we are more than that.

Quote:
quote:What is interesting to me is that companies like Revel Enterprise, that you ordered the wheels through, are aware of this and don't stock any in their warehouse as a back-up. They just pass the buck.
Normally we keep more than 100 chrome smoothies and baby moons in stock. Due to our rapid growth, we recently moved to a new, larger facility. During the moving phase, we let our wheel inventory sell down. Obviously this is so we wouldn’t have to move so many wheels, because they are quite heavy. Now that the move is complete, we plan to bring the wheels back into stock.

To complicate matters, Wheel Vintiques recently changed to a new wheel manufacturer. When they did so, they began using all new dies that the wheels are stamped from. The center portion where the baby moon snaps in is larger on the new wheels. Thus all the old baby moons we (and Wheel Vintiques) had in stock won’t fit the new wheels because they are too small in diameter. They have been playing catch-up ever since on getting enough of the new size baby moons built.

As a consequence, the old size baby moons like you have on your Cruiser (which, by the way Don, is beautiful) are now scarce as hen’s teeth. Wheels Vintiques doesn’t have any in stock, nor do they plan to make anymore. We do have a few left in our warehouse, because we bought their entire remaining inventory of old style baby moons so that we could service our customer base. So who does Wheel Vintiques send their customer to that has lost a baby moon off one of the old style wheels? To us. Does that mean they are “passing the buck”, as you put it? On the contrary, that simply means we are working together to service the PT community as efficiently as possible. If ever you lose a baby moon and need another, give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you (so long as the limited supply lasts).

[quote]quote:I also find
Old 29 Jul 2005, 09:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I guess it all comes back to me. All I can say is Revel has been a pleasure to work with. Their sales person Jackie has done her best to find out when the baby moons are going to be shipped. I received a call from her yesterday saying they were shipped on the 26th and today received an e-mail from her giving me the tracking number. I have ordered from Revel and recieved my order in several days. I think they are a class act company with competitive pricing.