Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sport suspension ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2005, 07:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Sport suspension ????

I was about to order some lowering springs and it said "not sport suspension" OK What does that mean???? I have a 2005 touring with the so called touring suspension.[:I]
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:06 pm
Young Cruiser

The Sport Suspension came on the GT models. It is a little bit lower and a little bit stiffer. But if you ask me the difference is from going from 16" wheels to 17's
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)
Old 07 Sep 2005, 01:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sport Suspension would not only be you lowering the springs but also upgrading the struts and the camber depending on your drop. That is what I believe it is.

Lowering springs just lower the vehicle, improving handling yes but sacrificing your ride hide and bottom out distance compared to stock. Take your pick.

If you really want ride nice, fit your PT to some Koni adjustable gas struts too.

Do you ride with others? Then you may not want to lower your PT.