PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Goldline Slammers - Where can I get them?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2006, 11:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Goldline Slammers - Where can I get them?

Hey everyone,

I've been searching for Goldline Slammer (3.25"R / 2.75"F) springs for some time now, but I cannot find anyplace that can get them. Does anyone have any ideas where I should turn to now? I placed an order at one place, and the parts were on back-order for over 2-months. (goldlines fault, not the company I placed the order with) But my order ended up getting canceled, so now I have to look elsewhere. I was just hoping someone had an idea of where to check. I've called 2-3 more places and they all didn’t have any, and probably wouldn’t get them.

I've had my Tokico shocks and struts sitting in the garage for a little over 2 months now waiting for springs to be delivered so I can install everything.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 23 Oct 2006, 12:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Google Goldline springs...
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...8&brandid=1890

http://www.car-stuff.com/performance...e=38&category=

These sites look exactly the same, and same price.....[:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Oct 2006, 06:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

[quote]Originally posted by quicksilverdon

Thanks Don,

I didn’t see those two sites in my searching as far as I know. There are a number of sites that have the springs for $199 though. I'd like to get them around that price, but I guess if I can't, I can't. All the places with the $199 price haven't had them in stock though either. I guess I'll just wait, and see if anyplace gets them in stock anytime soon.

Thanks again,
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 23 Jan 2007, 01:42 am
Fresh Cruiser

I think you will get a better ride out of BTG springs. They keep the rake, and you can get them for about $189 at the BTG site.
Old 23 Jan 2007, 07:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Hey Matt,
Moss Motors has them! I buy from them a lot...
http://www.cruiserbits.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=56098
On Sale...$142.00
Peace,
Troy
03 Dream Cruiser, Autostick, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, 4MAXX Fabrication Downpipe, Intake & Turbo Charge Air Pipes, AGP Wastegate Actuator & Motor Mounts, 225/45R17 Avenger tires on factory rims, Mopar Subwoofer, MRK Headlight Eyelids,PTeazer Teardrop Tailights,Euro Style Reverse Lights, Screamin\' Demon Coil, LiveWires plug wires, Autolite Iridium Plugs, Hyper Ground, BTG Intake & Cat Back
Old 08 Feb 2007, 12:38 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by samson77

I think you will get a better ride out of BTG springs. They keep the rake, and you can get them for about $189 at the BTG site.
I don't really mind the stiffer ride. I ended up finding the springs after a real long search. My summer car, my Porsche 944 Turbo has coil-overs, and its a really stiff ride, and its the ride I am used too. The PT with the Goldline Slammers is a little stiffer than I would like on bad roads, but I won't go back to stock, thats for sure. Night and day difference in handling.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mr.troy
Hey Matt,
Moss Motors has them! I buy from them a lot...
http://www.cruiserbits.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=56098
On Sale...$142.00
Peace,
Troy
Thanks I already bought mine though! Wish I could have waited, I ended up having to pay full price, $200 for the springs. That did include delivery though, which normally ran about $35 from what I saw on most websites.

Once the weather warms up a bit here (been around 5 degrees lately as a high) I am going to wash the PT, and hopefully I can get some better pictures of my car after its been lowered. I honestly think it looks amazing!

Thanks again everyone,
Matt

Past Mopars:
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible GT
2006 PT Cruiser Convertible
2001 PT Cruiser Limited Edition
1993 Plymouth Sundance/Duster 3.0 litre
Old 13 Feb 2007, 06:50 am
Fresh Cruiser

Glad you like the slammers. I live in so cal, but we still have some crap roads I have to drive on. I would hate to have stiffer springs and have to replace my kidneys.
I am glad I went with the BTG's for a couple of reasons:
1. I have 19" rims, and any lower than the 1.4 inches the BTG's take it would produce some rubbing under hard braking.
2. My ride quality has changed very little if at all (it is actually smoother on good roads), and the handling is amazing compared to stock. I love the new stance my PT has, and I did not have to put in camber bolts. The alignment was a snap.