Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Help! Did I buy the wrong size wheels??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Mar 2007, 07:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Help! Did I buy the wrong size wheels??

I just received a set of great looking aftermarket wheels I won on eBay. They are Dante Donzi 886 chrome 16". The company has gone out of business but I found an old web listing and the wheels are for front wheel drive cars. They arrived with tires 225/60-16. I looked at this forum listings, tirerack and 1010tires. Now I'm afraid I've gotten rims I can't use. I don't understand offset. I THINK the rims are 8" wide (measured with a ruler as best as I can with tires mounted on them). Can someone let me know if I can make these work. I bought them to set up a winter set and a summer set of tires/wheels. The tires on them are okay, but not new. I'm very concerned if the RIMS will work or not. [:0] Thanks for any help you can give me. PS, I've had the Cruiser about 2 weeks now. Really a nice ride!
Old 04 Mar 2007, 04:49 pm
Cool Cruiser

Not to be a futz, but if you have the wheels and the car, you are the best equipped to answer that question! Bolt 'em up and let us know how it works!

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 05 Mar 2007, 09:32 am
Senior Cruiser

At some point you may want to change the tire size to a 55 series wall instead of the 60. I would keep the 225 width, that gives you more grip on the rode.

If you haven't mounted them yet, there is no telling if they will fit or not. My rims originally didn't fit either. They required spacers. My offset is something like 38mm, I was told to get 40 or higher, however the shop told me after I got them the correct offset.

My word of advice for anyone, buy local, pay the higher cost, because in the long run, sometimes you make out well, sometimes you fork out more to get them to fit and then they equal what you could have already paid locally and without the hazzle.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 11:11 am
Obsessed Cruiser

did you ever get the rims on the car ??
Old 24 Mar 2007, 11:34 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the same exact rims.....had to put spacers in to
make them fit......

Excellant rims......[8)]

mike