Advertisements
DROP ZONE AIR SUSPENSION

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2003, 10:39 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 1MEAN PT
Default DROP ZONE AIR SUSPENSION

JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY EXPERIANCE WITH THIS SETUP
I WANT TO GET SIDEPIPES FOR MY PT BUT WHEN I WAS SHOWN HOW LOW THEY WHERE GOING TO HANG I GOT A LITTLE WORRIED. THIS SEEMS LIKE A QUICK FIX FOR THE PROBLEM .ANY THOUGHT?
[?][^][?]
Old 14 Jun 2003, 11:15 am
Regular Cruiser

I met a guy with JC Whitney sidepipes. They were thicker than those offered by P Teazer or Cal Cruisers cuz they had perforated guards around them. His PT was not lowered, but the pipes came pretty close to the ground. Other pipes aren't as thick, so they MAY be OK. If air suspension is going to raise the car to offer more clearance, even better, but then you dont get the cool look of a lowered PT. The JC pipes make it look like your PT is lowered, but obviously wont have any affect on wheel well space...
Old 14 Jun 2003, 06:24 pm
Young Cruiser

1MEANPT, I'd think twice before ordering from DZMotorsports. The Drop Zone equipment in the most part is fine. I found the tubing supplied to be of a low quality and replace with a heavier walled (few leaks around the fittings (also less time the compressor runs, mine was original kicking in every 10-15 minutes). The supplied solenoids leaked, both on the inlet side and outlet side. so in some cases the ride would rise as I drove along and at other times the ride would lower.
The personnel at DZ are not the best when it comes to customer service and support, calls were never return, delivery promises never kept. My PT spent an additional 5 days in the ship waiting for exchange parts to arrive.
the Struts in the front are approximate 1" lower than the stock assembly when fully inflated so it will not end your scrapping problem. So again THINK TWICE before using DZ Kits. Find a local shop who specialize in Air Suspension, they generally backup the install with little or no additional changes and if you have it install by some one elese your kit is generally not backed up.
Old 14 Jun 2003, 09:35 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 1MEAN PT

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR THE INFO, ED PTEAZER HAS TOLD ME THE PIPES THEY SELL WONT BE AVALIABLE FOR 8 MONTHS AND CAL CRUISER NONE HELP AND ATTITUDE OVER THE PHONE HAS MADE THEM A NOT A OPTION AT THIS TIME.
RETRO DO YOU THINK ANY AIR SUSPENSION SYSTEM WILL HELP ME WITH MY PROBLEM OR SHOULD I JUST SAY NO TO SIDEPIPES
[?][^][?]
Old 18 Jun 2003, 12:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the DZ kit on my 2002 Pt.. I would agree that the customer service isn't the greatest @ DZ motorsports. but i have not had any problems with my system.. I would suggest going with Air Ride Technologies Ride Pro system.. The few things that you may consider is with the Cylinders you might need a 1/4" spacer depending on your wheel offset and size .. I am running 19x8 all the around..The cylinders will defenately tuck the wheels but they will take some time to break in I've got 3500 miles on them right now and the ride is good.. For the rear I went with 255c bags and utilize the HALQ racing shock to control dampening.. The shock you can also get from Air Ride Tech.. I also ahd a set of the Air Ride Tech strut bags very nice product but didn't go low enough for me Check those out you might like there product..
Any way enough for now .. feel free to email me I can send you some pics of what I've done.. And I would be happy to help in any way I can with you project.. Kevin
Old 18 Jun 2003, 12:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the DZ kit on my 2002 Pt.. I would agree that the customer service isn't the greatest @ DZ motorsports. but i have not had any problems with my system.. I would suggest going with Air Ride Technologies Ride Pro system.. The few things that you may consider is with the Cylinders you might need a 1/4" spacer depending on your wheel offset and size .. I am running 19x8 all the around..The cylinders will defenately tuck the wheels but they will take some time to break in I've got 3500 miles on them right now and the ride is good.. For the rear I went with 255c bags and utilize the HALQ racing shock to control dampening.. The shock you can also get from Air Ride Tech.. I also ahd a set of the Air Ride Tech strut bags very nice product but didn't go low enough for me Check those out you might like there product..
Any way enough for now .. feel free to email me I can send you some pics of what I've done.. And I would be happy to help in any way I can with you project.. Kevin