PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rims and Tires

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 30 Apr 2007, 12:27 am
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Default Rims and Tires

I just bought an almost brand new 2001 PT Cruiser and was wondering what are the largest rims and tires I can fit on it? I wanted to go to at least 19", but if I can fit 20" on there without any complications, I would like to do that. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2007, 12:42 am
Windancer's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Regina, SK. Canada
Posts: 526
Default Re: Rims and Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
I just bought an almost brand new 2001 PT Cruiser and was wondering what are the largest rims and tires I can fit on it? I wanted to go to at least 19", but if I can fit 20" on there without any complications, I would like to do that. Thanks in advance.
Just a thought, check out this discussion.

20'' wheels?

Regards
Terry
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2007, 01:37 am
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: Rims and Tires

Also keep in mind you will be driving on rubberband tires and feel every little bump in the road. Depends on how much road you want to feel and if you drive where there are potholes that will destroy your tires and rims.
__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 23 May 2007, 07:49 am
Cool Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: joliet, IL., USA.
Posts: 236
Default Re: Rims and Tires

mean green.....I agree.....everyone wants "big"...but give me a
nice smooth ride anyday.....

mike
__________________


mike
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20 Aug 2007, 11:59 pm
Windancer's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Regina, SK. Canada
Posts: 526
Default Re: Rims and Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL09 View Post
mean green.....I agree.....everyone wants "big"...but give me a nice smooth ride anyday.....
Couldn't agree more Mike, especially where I live, the roads aren't the best. I'm changing my wheels and tires from a 205/55/16 on a Stock rim (see gallery photos) to a 225/50/16 on a 16x7 5 spoke chrome wheel.

Regards
Terry
__________________

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2007, 07:43 am
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Wellington, Florida
Posts: 191
Default Re: Rims and Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Couldn't agree more Mike, especially where I live, the roads aren't the best. I'm changing my wheels and tires from a 205/55/16 on a Stock rim (see gallery photos) to a 225/50/16 on a 16x7 5 spoke chrome wheel.

Regards
Terry
I wanted to go to a 225/17, but the tire company said the center of the tire will begin to wear quicker than the outside.
__________________
2005 GT Cruiser, Cool Vanilla, Automatic, Borla Dual Exhausts, K&N, Navigation and U Connect.

2001 Corvette Convertable, Navy Blue Metalic, Z51, 3:15 with 4" inch quad Borla Stinger Exhausts X Pipe and K&N Filter.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 21 Aug 2007, 09:26 am
Windancer's Avatar
Fanatic Cruiser
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Regina, SK. Canada
Posts: 526
Default Re: Rims and Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by bados View Post
I wanted to go to a 225/17, but the tire company said the center of the tire will begin to wear quicker than the outside.
Really!
What size rim were you putting the 225/17 on? A 6.5" or a 7" Rim? My dealer said that it would be just fine on a 7" rim.

Regards
Terry
__________________

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2007, 06:29 pm
Fresh Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Default Re: Rims and Tires

I just put 17's on my 2006 this past weekend with 225/45/17 's and it rolls along just fine. The ride is not as smooth as the stock 16's but for the look I get to make the cruiser stand out I think it works

Everyone I spoke to and everywhere I looked suggested the proper sized tire for the 17's is what I mentioned and I never heard anything about excessive wear or anything like that....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pt2.jpg (30.1 KB, 126 views)
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2007, 06:45 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Oregon.
Posts: 3,521
Default Re: Rims and Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster06 View Post
I just put 17's on my 2006 this past weekend with 225/45/17 's and it rolls along just fine. The ride is not as smooth as the stock 16's but for the look I get to make the cruiser stand out I think it works

Everyone I spoke to and everywhere I looked suggested the proper sized tire for the 17's is what I mentioned and I never heard anything about excessive wear or anything like that....
Rims and tires look nice.

__________________
\'05 Stone White SRT4

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12 Sep 2007, 08:30 pm
bruent's Avatar
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Visalia, CAlif, USA.
Posts: 113
Default Re: Rims and Tires

This vert has 20's and drives it on a lot of long trips like laughlin, AZ, NV all from Cali. He does have air ride.




I have 18's with air ride and have never had a problem, Yet!


You will give up ride quailty when you go a bigger size, I guess it's to each his or her own.
Bruce
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Four (4) GT Rims with Tires dmprantz Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 3 12 Oct 2008 11:57 am
19" Axis spider rims and toyo tires. BEST OFFER!!! superjes001 Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 3 22 Feb 2006 01:09 am
Compare tires on rims. KingKole02 Wheels, Tires, Suspension 6 15 Apr 2004 09:31 am
2003 PT Turbo 17" chrome rims and tires *MINT* GLH_TC 16V Classifieds: For Sale/Trade 2 02 Apr 2004 12:11 pm
Can GT factory tires fit on 17"x7" rims? coolvirus Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling 8 06 Jan 2004 07:49 am


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors