Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front end noise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Sep 2007, 12:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Front end noise

HELP!!!!!! after 5 days in Normadin's shop I am no closer to solving this noise problem. In the old days I would simply hook up a grease gun to the zurk fitting on my upper a-arms and the problem would be fixed. So far, slider plates (?) on the front brakes have been replaced along with a tie rod on he driver;s side to no avail. They told me for an additional 1400. they may be able to fix the problem by replacing yet more parts and bushings but no guarantees. I contacted another mechanic who suggested it may have to do with the anti-sway bar bushings since the noise comes and goes. Most times if I turn sharply to the right it will begin again... any ideas????

Rick
Old 16 Sep 2007, 08:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Front end noise

Rick,

You didn't fill out your profile so I can't tell where your from. I vist the United Kingdom PT forums a lot and quite a few owners over there are having problems with the front bushings. They have a tendency to wear out rather fast in England for some unknown reason (maybe becuase it's damp over there all the time) but only a few people had to replace them over here in the U.S. The bushing I'm referring to are seen in my picture below. It's the rubber bushing right above the silver bolt. There's one on each side.

Old 16 Sep 2007, 10:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Front end noise

Thank you so much for the info... I will suggest this to my mechanic in the morning!

Rick