PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
White Walls and Smoothies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2007, 04:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to baycruiser
Default White Walls and Smoothies

Hello cruisers. My first post here. I hope you all can help.

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser, GT 2.4L Turbo High Output model. The tires are Good year eagles 205/50/17 with the standard chrome spoke wheel that it comes with it. I need two new tires so I am going to change to a retro look and replace all of them. Right now I have a loaner tire until I make up my mind which way to go. My tire place suggested I check on line for whitewalls and smoothies etc. So I am a bit lost.

Here are my questions.

I could use some feedback on tire manufactures. Has anyone ever heard of Dayton tires for whitewalls?

I have been told and have read that to do this I should be looking at a 15" wheel and tire as opposed to the 17's I have now. Would this make sense?

Has anyone ever dealt with California Cruisers ?

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Baycruiser
Old 31 Mar 2008, 10:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: White Walls and Smoothies

Be Carefull. I've been told that GT turbo needs a seventeen inch wheel to clear the brakes. If you here of something let me know. I want to do smoothies as well. I've an o6 GT turbo and already broke to steel belt with the low profile tires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg play-around.jpg (29.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 31 Mar 2008, 11:21 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to baycruiser
Default Re: White Walls and Smoothies

Wow someone actually responded to my inquiry that was over 6 months back.

Being female, I am not really all that technical about automobiles. However, I probably know enough to be "dangerous" as they say. Which is why I posted on this forum hoping to get some well informed guidance. I guess I was the "invisible" poster.

I am aware of the GT issue and the wheel sizes. I went to someone who said that they have the wheels made up for them to accommodate the larger brakes. I cannot in all good faith recommend this after market outlaw because I am still having other issues. The only thing that seems to have gone right is that the wheels seem to be working fine. I recently went to a wheel and tire expert and had them removed from my car, so that they could check the tires which seem to be giving me some headaches, and they never said anything about the wheels being incorrect.

The wheels come from wheels vintique Wheel Vintiques | Welcome so maybe if you communicated with them directly they might be able to help you on your path. I was told that they do something to the wheels to accommodate the GT by the vendor who installed them. Perhaps they can make them up for you as well or steer you to a vendor that works with them and knows about this.

If you would like to discuss further. Just let me know. I think you can email me off the forum or just post here and I will try to answer.

Here is a pic of my "on going" project. Best of luck with yours.

Wendy