Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
need information on PLAIN STEEL RIMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2008, 07:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default need information on PLAIN STEEL RIMS

I used to have 15" STOCK plain old run of the mill steel rims....I replaced them with the rims in my pics below....BIG MISTAKE I did no research on the company I bought them from.... I got the rims put on had NO problems with them/....had them balanced made sure I had a good allignment etc...my steering wheels has been shaking like crazy so I took my car in

the guys there told me that ALL 4 rims are bent.... NOW, this place I trust and they were the guys who put them on...I KNOW THAT THEY WERE NOT BENT WHEN I GOT THEM PUT ON....

these are CHEAP FREAKING RIMS.....not sure IF I am allowed to say this on here BUT DO NOT EVER BUY FROM WHEELMAX.....EVER....

there customer service is a JOKE and they have a TON of complaints online at ripoffs.com and a TON more at the BBB they are a TOTAL joke....

horror stories of rims SHATTERING.... bending horribly etc.... OK so that said...HERE is my question LOL

QUESTION:

I want PLAIN old steel rims again and want to get the MOON HUBCAPS/STEEL HUBCAPS.... where can I get PLAIN OLD STEEL RIMS? I am not seeing ANY at Discounttirecompany etc....and i would rather not get them at a junk yard etc for fear of them being BENT or DAMAGED.....

also do the BABY MOON hubcaps come in sizes LARGER than 15? I have not seen them...THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Old 02 Jan 2008, 09:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: need information on PLAIN STEEL RIMS

BbPT, can you shrink down your pix, it take a long time to down load with a modem and it makes your questions off the screen. Thanks

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 02 Jan 2008, 10:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

done...now can someone help me? lol
Old 06 Mar 2008, 06:35 pm
Cool Cruiser

Bit of an older thread, but if you're still looking for rims I would try a local tire shop, maybe something that's nation wide like Goodyear or whatever. Order for plain rims for snow tires. I know you won't have snow where you live, but I'd think they could get them.

Even though you'd rather not, give the junkyard some consideration. You should be able to see any damage on a wheel, it's steel so all it will do is dent. OEM steelies are tough and in a 15" they have enough rubber around them to actually protect the rim from damage. I've smoked a curb sideways with my old kcar at about 35 mph and never damaged the rim!

Ben
2001 Red PT Cruiser Limited, 16" OEM alloys, Airaid CAI, Screamin' Demon coil and Livewires, some shiny stuff inside, Alpine deck, Alpine four channel amp, Alpine PLT5 sub, Hertz speakers in 4 corners, Keystone ram air hood, 6000k 55w HID high beams, 6000k 35w HID fog lights, new stone chips every day to add character.

2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 4x4 for when the road gets bumpy.

Old 07 Mar 2008, 06:59 pm
Young Cruiser

I just found this. I have been looking for some plain looking rims for my 02. There were some listed by Unique Wheel Inc. I checked the series 83 and 84. I wanted to use the black 83's and the chrome 84 center cap. The manufacturer said the caps would fit. I put a local supplier thru an ordeal. She ordered an 83 wheel, and the recommended center cap. Didn't fit. And the wheels are multifits. They have ten lug holes, not five. Anyway, my stock plastic wheelcovers will not fit the 83 wheel. Arrrrgh. Still looking.
BTW- the full size chrome hubcaps I bought didn't last long at all. Rust started seeping thru the chrome in a couple of months. Good luck.
Old 08 Mar 2008, 01:32 am
Young Cruiser

I kinda like the steel wheel idea. Maybe paint them to match the car and have them pinstriped to match the car. Maybe a 15 or 16 inch. Have only found them in a chrome rim so far. Also a very thin beauty ring and a small hub cap would look good.. I thnk I will replace my 18in Proline's this summer.
Want the Old School look. Bob
Billet Antenna, Rocket Taillights, Borla SS Duals, 18" Proline Alloys

I'm Lovin It
Old 08 Mar 2008, 08:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

i have 3 steel rims from my wifes 02 with tires and wheel covers anyone interested email me
Old 08 Mar 2008, 08:38 am
Young Cruiser

Found two places for plain wheels. Don't know current price and availability. One is cruisermotorsports.com and other is revelenterprises.com. Someday I'll figure out how to put a link on the forums.
Old 08 Mar 2008, 04:56 pm
Young Cruiser

More info - tried Gratiot Wheel, he carries the all chrome smoothies only. No leads from him on painted or bare ones. Some painted ones out there, but they cost more than my house.
Old 07 Apr 2008, 09:57 pm
Young Cruiser

I am still looking for some steel wheels for my 01 Crusier. What other wheels will fit?
Billet Antenna, Rocket Taillights, Borla SS Duals, 18" Proline Alloys

I'm Lovin It