PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Wheels, Tires, Suspension

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
KW/Mopar coilover kit?

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16 Jan 2008, 12:55 pm
Samson's Avatar
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winchester, CA
Posts: 144
Question KW/Mopar coilover kit?

I have an 06 non-turbo, and was thinking of buying a coilover kit on ebay.
The part number on the box says 127 27 002.
The seller says they have been sitting in his garage for a couple of years but are brand new (they look new).
This part number looks like a KW part number, but there is no reference number like this on KW's web site. I know the mopar/KW kits start with a M451 sequence. Does anyone know anything about this part number/kit?
Thank you for any help
Shawn
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2008, 10:41 am
Dream4's Avatar
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ANNAPOLIS, MD, USA.
Posts: 150
Default Re: KW/Mopar coilover kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I have an 06 non-turbo, and was thinking of buying a coilover kit on ebay.
The part number on the box says 127 27 002.
The seller says they have been sitting in his garage for a couple of years but are brand new (they look new).
This part number looks like a KW part number, but there is no reference number like this on KW's web site. I know the mopar/KW kits start with a M451 sequence. Does anyone know anything about this part number/kit?
Thank you for any help
Shawn
I think you may have misread the part number, the auction I see says 100 27 002 on the box, the last 5 numbers are for the PT, and all that really matter for the price that you see, the first 3 numbers (100), means that the front struts are made of galvanized steel, and painted rear shocks, and have yellow "progressive " rate springs, the (102) series are the stainless steel (inox-line) front struts, and the Mopar/KW set are stainless steel (inox-line), both front and rear with blue ”linear” rate springs, but the Mopar/KWs are not adjustable in the rear, only in the front.

They do not offer the galvanized set anymore, only in replacement parts, i.e. struts and shocks if and when you need them.

These are a very nice system either way.
.
__________________
'05 GT Dream Cruiser Series 4. No.1109
http://www.alcamar.com/mods/
http://www.alcamar.com/dc4
http://www.alcamar.com/trailer/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2008, 01:14 pm
Samson's Avatar
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winchester, CA
Posts: 144
Default Re: KW/Mopar coilover kit?

Thank you very much for your reply.
I saw the auction you are referring to, however this was the one I meant:
eBay Motors: PT Cruiser Coilovers NEW (item 290198196024 end time Jan-20-08 13:33:26 PST)
It shows the part number of 127 27 002.
It is the Mopar/KW kit, but the part number is a KW one.
The main reason I am looking at a coilover kit is so I adjust the rear height
(when I tow a waverunner). Do you think this set (the link) is rear adjustable?
The rear seat on this set appears to have threads.
Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2008, 01:29 pm
Dream4's Avatar
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ANNAPOLIS, MD, USA.
Posts: 150
Default Re: KW/Mopar coilover kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Thank you very much for your reply.
I saw the auction you are referring to, however this was the one I meant:
eBay Motors: PT Cruiser Coilovers NEW (item 290198196024 end time Jan-20-08 13:33:26 PST)
It shows the part number of 127 27 002.
It is the Mopar/KW kit, but the part number is a KW one.
The main reason I am looking at a coilover kit is so I adjust the rear height
(when I tow a waverunner). Do you think this set (the link) is rear adjustable?
The rear seat on this set appears to have threads.
Thank you for your help
Ok, no I did not see that one sorry, but also no the Mopar kit pictured in this auction is not rear adjustable it is a 57mm drop only for the rear, but the front is adjustable, only the KW yellow spring kits have rear adjustment.

I have both the Mopar/KW Blue spring kit and the KW yellow spring kit with rear adjustment, and I use a combination of both.
__________________
'05 GT Dream Cruiser Series 4. No.1109
http://www.alcamar.com/mods/
http://www.alcamar.com/dc4
http://www.alcamar.com/trailer/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2008, 01:37 pm
Samson's Avatar
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winchester, CA
Posts: 144
Default Re: KW/Mopar coilover kit?

Thank you very much!
That saves me a lot of time and money.
Have you seen that part number before?
I called KW and they said it was a mopar number (maybe a number used internally by KW for shipment to mopar?).
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 17 Jan 2008, 01:45 pm
Dream4's Avatar
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ANNAPOLIS, MD, USA.
Posts: 150
Default Re: KW/Mopar coilover kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Thank you very much!
That saves me a lot of time and money.
Have you seen that part number before?
I called KW and they said it was a mopar number (maybe a number used internally by KW for shipment to mopar?).
Yes, if you look in any of the Mopar Performance catalogs you can see the numbers on the parts themselves, there is a Mopar Part number and a KW part number depending on where you look, that is so you can get replacement parts from KW as you can only but the complete kit from Mopar, like if you need just one strut or shock do to a accident the you get if straight from KW.
__________________
'05 GT Dream Cruiser Series 4. No.1109
http://www.alcamar.com/mods/
http://www.alcamar.com/dc4
http://www.alcamar.com/trailer/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any interest in a new adjustable coilover kit? santacruzer Tech & Performance Forum 0 27 Apr 2006 01:23 pm
stage 2/3 coilover?? DARK270 Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling 9 12 Mar 2005 10:32 pm
Coilover Suspension Larry Turbo Wheels/Suspension/Handling 18 15 Dec 2003 01:39 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors